Chapala.com Webboard

Car wash?

Curmudgeon

If you want to drive a little further east, there is one in Chapala, down towards Soriana.  It is almost across from the Pemex station, on the right hand side.  There is a traffic light at the intersection.  They did a pretty good job (it took about 30-45 minutes) on our car about 3 weeks ago and we plan on returning, now that Moyoyo has closed.  They were the best!

1 hour ago, oregontochapala said:

In Centro Laguna Mall close to Wings Army. Last time I was there Thursday was old fart day and I received a 20% discount.

What was the look on your face when he asked "Do you want an in and out? 160 pesos?" I loved watching the one  legged car washer who worked there, he had to work harder than all the others because he had something to prove.

18 minutes ago, canmex87 said:

I go by there almost daily and haven't seen them open for several months.

I live in the neighborhood and have seen them open. But old age and memory being what it is I can’t say how long it has remained closed this time. Doesn’t seem as though it could be several months, but ....

53 minutes ago, Xena said:

I live in the neighborhood and have seen them open. But old age and memory being what it is I can’t say how long it has remained closed this time. Doesn’t seem as though it could be several months, but ....

I have one of their "courtesy cards" ( a free wash every 10 washes").  I went there weekly for a car wash. I just checked my card and the last date was May 29th, 2018.

Its owned by the people who own El Suridor. I have seen them washing their company trucks a couple of times but not open to the public.

I would agree with you RickS but it's the exactly the same problem with restaurants that fail. Would you rather line up at a good one where you know you'll get good food, nicely presented with good service consistently ALL of the time or go elsewhere.

It's not the lack of a business opportunity, it's the lack of IMPLEMENTATION OF CONSISTENT SERVICE at a reasonable price. Lake Taco does it well and always has. If you don't want to wait, try getting there when they open.

Also, to my knowledge, they haven't increased their prices in over five years. That would certainly shorten the lines... and create another sort of whining thread.

1 hour ago, RickS said:

... sounds like someone is missing a business opportunity. 

No sure about that. TWO have closed in the past few months. And neither had a bad rep. Moyoyo was saying he just couldn't get decent help (no idea what the wages are/should be), but like the tellers at WalMart, you won't find the same guys on repeat visits very often.

I got my Honda SUV done inside and out at the one near Wings Army about two weeks ago, inside and out for $98 pesos. They even found one of my debit cards alongside the driver's seat that I lost 3 months ago and returned it to me (It was cancelled, but they didn't know that.)  They did a good job, too.

Archived