Chapala.com Webboard

Any volunteers?

Taaffe

The football field at Tecoluta near 6 corners was flooded and has been unusable for months.

The caretaker , 76 year old Don Luis, has paid for loads of dirt and a bulldozer to spread it around before sodding can take place.

Right now he alone is trying to level off the mounds and it’s a big job and will take a long time to do alone .

If you would like to help please bring a shovel, rake and wheelbarrow to the field and help the kids get back to playing soccer and off the streets where many temptations and bad habits await them.

Thanks

He is usually there from early in the morning and on and off all day. If you want to go early to avoid the heat of the day, please pm me and I will give you my phone number to call so I can make sure he will be there.

Thanks

I've seen that area flooded before it was a soccer field so no surprise there.  I also spent a lot of time and money painting over and cleaning up graffiti from the Tecoluta (TCT) players and supporters some of whom were gang affiliated.  So I have mixed feelings about helping them clean up their field after removing TCT tags from the walls of the local churches, walls of schools, and lots of private properties.  Alan

Archived