Chapala.com Webboard

trying to smog my car

twelveoaks

I have been trying to get my car smogged at the Chapala and at the Jocotepec emissions testing stations and have been told they have no holograms yet.

Have any of you been able to get your emissions testing done since January 1st and up to now?

Thanks

I called Chapala yesterday and they still didn't have them and the man wasn't sure when they would.  Hope they have them before 2/28 since the last digit on my plate is 2.  Really don't want to get stopped.  How do I explain that nobody has them and therefore I shouldn't get a ticket?

Any updated info will be appreciated.

According to more than one report on Guad news (tv) they are in process of changing the whole system .....again.  So hang in there and wait for new rules etc.  IF stopped  by transito, tell them you know system is being changed and you are eager to comply ASAP. 😀

32 minutes ago, Natasha said:

According to more than one report on Guad news (tv) they are in process of changing the whole system .....again.  So hang in there and wait for new rules etc.  IF stopped  by transito, tell them you know system is being changed and you are eager to comply ASAP. 😀

Hi Natasha,

Thanks for the reply. That would explain why those that are authorized to do the testing do not know why they have no holograms yet !

I just returned from the emissions test site beyond Ixtlahuacan in Los Cedros  (Autoservicio Martinez) and he had stickers and authorization to conduct tests.  Turned out, however, that despite my understanding that my 2017 car needed the sticker, he informed me that I would not need it until next year, as the system had recently changed.  He verified this on his smart phone.  The phone number for the shop is  3313563880; address is Calle Juarez 5, Los Cedros.  

16 hours ago, Orygun Duck said:

I just returned from the emissions test site beyond Ixtlahuacan in Los Cedros  (Autoservicio Martinez) and he had stickers and authorization to conduct tests.  Turned out, however, that despite my understanding that my 2017 car needed the sticker, he informed me that I would not need it until next year, as the system had recently changed.  He verified this on his smart phone.  The phone number for the shop is  3313563880; address is Calle Juarez 5, Los Cedros.  

Thanks for the info. Am I to understand that even though my plate ends in 2 I won't need a sticker until next year ?

Also, I have tried google maps for directions there but they only show being by the microlibrimento. Can you give directions from Guad Chap carretera.

I really appreciate this!!

This is from Chapala, you can of course, change this to reflect where you are actually coming from.

https://www.google.ru/maps/dir/Chapala,+Jalisco/Juárez+5,+El+Nijayote,+45850+Ixtlahuacán+de+los+Membrillos,+Jal./@20.3291514,-103.2256246,13z/am=t/data=!4m13!4m12!1m5!1m1!1s0x842f40b1771f4cb7:0x73c1721b67d87f53!2m2!1d-103.1846016!2d20.3051576!1m5!1m1!1s0x842f477451f50a85:0x978f219f1136c287!2m2!1d-103.1933662!2d20.3478715

If I understand this map correctly, you enter Ixt. on the main road which is Santiago.  Go straight until you come to Vincente Guerro, then turn right which will be a one way street.  Then turn left at the first intersection which should be Hidalgo.  Continue until you come to Juarez and #5 will be on your left.

5 hours ago, twelveoaks said:

Thanks for the info. Am I to understand that even though my plate ends in 2 I won't need a sticker until next year ?

Also, I have tried google maps for directions there but they only show being by the microlibrimento. Can you give directions from Guad Chap carretera.

I really appreciate this!!

If your car is a 2017 model, yes.  Directions:  Go north until you pass under the microlibrimento and then take the first available U-turn (about 2 kms up the road).  Double back and immediately after you've passed under the m/l you'll see a widening of the shoulder.  Pull over to your right and within a few meters you'd see a paving stone road leading of the right (a bit hard to see from the main road).  Go down that road until you reach the tiny village of Los Cedros.  Just before you get to a T intersection you'll find the entrance to Autoservicio Martinez on you right.  There's the number 5 written on wall (Calle Juarez 5).  If you have a smartphone, Calle Juarez 5, Los Cedro should take you right to the spot.  You may want to call in advance to insure the owner, who speaks English, will be there.

44 minutes ago, Orygun Duck said:

If your car is a 2017 model, yes.  Directions:  Go north until you pass under the microlibrimento and then take the first available U-turn (about 2 kms up the road).  Double back and immediately after you've passed under the m/l you'll see a widening of the shoulder.  Pull over to your right and within a few meters you'd see a paving stone road leading of the right (a bit hard to see from the main road).  Go down that road until you reach the tiny village of Los Cedros.  Just before you get to a T intersection you'll find the entrance to Autoservicio Martinez on you right.  There's the number 5 written on wall (Calle Juarez 5).  If you have a smartphone, Calle Juarez 5, Los Cedro should take you right to the spot.  You may want to call in advance to insure the owner, who speaks English, will be there.

Thanks a lot !!!

4 minutes ago, twelveoaks said:

Hi The car is a 2016 . Does hat make a difference ?

Yes.  It means you need a smog check (this month).  The waiver for later model cars is only for 3 years. (Meaning this year: 2019,2018 and 2017.  I'll need the smog check next year.  The charge is 400 pesos at the Los Cedros shop.

Archived