Chapala.com Webboard
Beebee

Off gassing at Cinemagic

Anyone with sensitive noses or lungs, there is a great deal of off gassing from carpet glue or new vinyl seats at the renovated Cinemagic.  I suspect it will take a couple of months for the process to reach a level of unnoticeability.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, barcelonaman said:

Maybe someone had frijoles for lunch.

Or everyone?  HAHAHAAHA

3 hours ago, Beebee said:

Anyone with sensitive noses or lungs, there is a great deal of off gassing from carpet glue or new vinyl seats at the renovated Cinemagic.  I suspect it will take a couple of months for the process to reach a level of unnoticeability.  

Thanks for the heads up!

4 hours ago, barcelonaman said:

Maybe someone had frijoles for lunch.

Que pedo?

• Haha 1

Actually this is a reasonable concern.  They redid that place in a big hurry, those auditoriums aren't particularly well ventilated and there's a lot of fresh glue and upholstery that will give off irritating fumes.

• Thanks 4

Has anyone been there recently? Is it any better?

I was there this past Sunday for the Democrats Abroad movie and didn't notice anything disagreeable.

Not in terms of gassing. And the blinding white new lobby is impressive. But they haven't bothered installing carpeting at least in cine 2, which was ripped out a couple of years ago... so there wouldn't have been that kind of gassing there. So even with the new seats, looks pretty tacky. As far as I can tell, no screen repairs, no digital projector bulb replacements (so all movies are dim), and in cine 2 at least, improperly wired speaker system, so that the movie I saw had all sound coming out of the screen, which made voices almost unintelligible (and it was a movie about English football, with 90 minutes + of fans screaming nonstop).