Chapala.com Webboard

Mexican work permit

Trudeaue

Is anyone familiar with the process of getting a mexican work visa? I dont currently have legal status in Mexico, other than the paper permit they give you when you get off the plane. I'd like to obtain status and have the right to work. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! 

If all you have is a tourist permit, you cannot work.  You would have to have at least a Residente Temporal Visa, with the addition of permission added by INM for a specific job with an approved Mexican employer. Any change in your employment would need INM permission.  An expat with a Residente Permanente Visa may work, but must notify INM.

Such visas may be applied for at a Mexican Consulate in your home country. Once obtained, and the process completed after entering Mexico, you may apply to INM with your offer of a position with an INM approved employer. In some cases, independent work can be approved by INM.

You poor dear. Here, I'll help you. Click on Immigration/Visas and read all that you need to do to live here permanently. Within that information, you will find this section...

Visa To Earn Income From Within Mexican 

Permiso Para Trabajar Visa(permission to earn income) is issued to those who already have a Temporary Resident visa and who wish to earn Mexican sourced income from being a musician, artist, selling real estate, hair dresser, self-employed, landlord, etc. This is not applicable to one being hired by a large employer. It requires one to begin the registration process and making an appointment with SAT (taxation) on-line and then going to the appointment to finalize your registration and receiving your password. You will also receive your cedula (QR scanner code). Once this is done, you may apply at Inmigracion for your Permiso Para Trabajar visa which requires bank payment, forms, photos, finger prints, etc. A Permanent Resident may work but must complete the SAT process the same as that for a Temporary Resident and then inform Immigration with letter, copies, SAT registration information, etc.

Thanks Sonia for the updated website. It does need some proofreading and tweaking though. And just ignore JIT. He's new, makes a lot of assumptions and has no idea how valuable are your contributions to this forum.

10 hours ago, Trudeaue said:

Is anyone familiar with the process of getting a mexican work visa? I dont currently have legal status in Mexico, other than the paper permit they give you when you get off the plane. I'd like to obtain status and have the right to work. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! 

You do actually have ‘legal status’ in Mexico.... a Tourist Card FMM.... it’s just that as has been shown to you one cannot legally work with that status. The link that you were given is the best input as to what/how one must proceed in your case. The other ‘blathering’ that you see is just that. Enough said.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. InTrouble,

Further to our phone conversation last month regarding your son Johnny, I'm sorry to report that there has been little change in his attitude or behavior. He continues to seek negative attention through inappropriate behavior and comments, seems unable to comprehend when the other children don't want to include him in their games on the playground, and insists on foisting himself upon them regardless.

Yesterday, just before the afternoon bell rang, I said "Johnny, I 'd like you to stay for a minute after class, I need to talk with you." When the bell rang, he got up and proceeded to walk towards the door of the classroom. When I asked him why he was leaving when I had asked him to stay, he seemed to feign a confused look, saying that he'd heard me ask someone named Johnny to stay, but that his name wasn't Johnny, but Modeeper. 

I feel that Johnny's increasingly disturbing behavior and lack of care or awareness as to how he affects others requires an assessment by the school psychologist, as there is more going on here with your son's behavior than I am qualified to assess and deal with and I can't allow Johnny to continue to disrupt the classroom and the other students.

Please contact me at the earliest available opportunity.

Yours, Miss Palmer

21 hours ago, mudgirl said:

Dear Mr. and Mrs. InTrouble,

Further to our phone conversation last month regarding your son Johnny, I'm sorry to report that there has been little change in his attitude or behavior. He continues to seek negative attention through inappropriate behavior and comments, seems unable to comprehend when the other children don't want to include him in their games on the playground, and insists on foisting himself upon them regardless.

Yesterday, just before the afternoon bell rang, I said "Johnny, I 'd like you to stay for a minute after class, I need to talk with you." When the bell rang, he got up and proceeded to walk towards the door of the classroom. When I asked him why he was leaving when I had asked him to stay, he seemed to feign a confused look, saying that he'd heard me ask someone named Johnny to stay, but that his name wasn't Johnny, but Modeeper. 

I feel that Johnny's increasingly disturbing behavior and lack of care or awareness as to how he affects others requires an assessment by the school psychologist, as there is more going on here with your son's behavior than I am qualified to assess and deal with and I can't allow Johnny to continue to disrupt the classroom and the other students.

Please contact me at the earliest available opportunity.

Yours, Miss Palmer

Well said Mudgirl.  And Jonny..... you are a disrespectful little smart a**  who, if you don't shape up your  mouthy act,  could find yourself invited to take your marbles and go play on ANOTHER web board!

Archived