Chapala.com Webboard

Product Of The Week

Tiny

Thanks. La Costeña is good stuff and easy to find here but I've never tried that one. Probably because this Herdez "Salsa Casera" looks similarly thick and has always been my favorite jarred salsa. I love this stuff.

I wonder how they compare.

HERDEZ-SALSA-CASERA-453G.jpg

We have used Salsa Casera for years...but if I get off my lazy you know what and go out...the best I've ever had is the fresh salsa at Alfredo's California in Chapala!  The very best and it freezes well too!!  Plus you can serve it hot or cold.

1 hour ago, Willie said:

We have used Salsa Casera for years...but if I get off my lazy you know what and go out...the best I've ever had is the fresh salsa at Alfredo's California in Chapala!  The very best and it freezes well too!!  Plus you can serve it hot or cold.

Of course, fresh is best. I was not lazy yesterday. HAHAHA I make this pico de gallo about once a week after market.

IMG_20190203_090838.thumb.jpg.ae8f5964e81d4e82089723c05998dccc.jpg

I too just finished Sunday brunch. It was fried eggs with smoked pork chop and pico de gallo. Then finished with french toast with apricot jam and blueberries. This leads to the next product. IMO the best bread here for french toast is the following. It soaks up and holds the most amount of liquid. It makes for a firm exterior and custard interior. 

IMG_20190203_105841.thumb.jpg.3e5932a4bde338fc30d3c59e52238046.jpg

This thread is alarming. You all love the same thing I do. Herdez Salsa Casera. For reasons unknown, it will now disappear from production and never be seen again.

(in advance of the earnest explanations that we would all appreciate... joke!)

I also love the Herdez Salsa Casera and the Herdez Salsa Verde though I prefer the small cans rather than the large bottle. My hubby's secret ingredient for Meatloaf was to add a can (drained) to the mix.  Divine.

And, seeing as how this is SuperBowl Sunday, how's everybody's favourite guacamole dish? Since discovering  Corazon de Maria fresh Avocado Guacamole, I have given up on "real" avocadoes. Tastes great, all natural, no fuss, no muss.

I buy the casera all the time, and it is not thick at all unless you drain the liquid. Tiny's even looks proper for dipping. But I have not seen it around here; I look all the time. The imported price of Pace salsa at SuperLake is atrocious, and it's not even close to being the best flavour choice where I come from. Maybe the "dip" version is new and will appear here soon.

Archived