Chapala.com Webboard

Cinemas del Lago becomes CineMagic

February sometime, I believe, under new management/ownership/something. I believe the family that owns the plaza is still involved, but CineMagic is a chain. Their ad in last week's Guad Reporter doesn't say when. But good luck trying to find info on their Web page; they list all the cities they are in, but not lakeside. https://www.cinemagic.com.mx/Browsing

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

February sometime, I believe, under new management/ownership/something. I believe the family that owns the plaza is still involved, but CineMagic is a chain. Their ad in last week's Guad Reporter doesn't say when. But good luck trying to find info on their Web page; they list all the cities they are in, but not lakeside. https://www.cinemagic.com.mx/Browsing

I clicked on 'promotions' and scrolled to the very bottom.  Look for 'cinemas' and click on it and Ajijic is the first listing, gives phone number and movies that are coming but doesn't say when.   

One of the things I always liked about this cinema (didn't move here early enough to visit the one on the Ajijic plaza or the one behind the mercardo in Chapala) was the amazingly low ticket prices. Even the newer theatre, which is much much nicer, at Laguna Plaza is pretty inexpensive, certainly compared to back home where the average ticket is 12 bucks. In recent years, the snack prices have gone way up to compensate. I wonder if the ticket prices will start to do the same.

Surprise! Cinemagic is open. And their Web page is updated. Curious to see the improvements. I have complained before that they let their projection bulbs get dim to the point of failure. When this was mentioned yesterday, they said they had had complaints about the resolution, which they've "fixed", but nothing about the bulbs. I don't see how the two can be separated, but...

Archived