Chapala.com Webboard

Tejaban installer? (those little awnings over windows & doors)

kimanjome

You know those little awnings that go over windows and doors?  They look like shelf brackets attached to the building, and on top of the brackets are a row of 2 or 3 barrel tiles, or a piece of lamina (a sheet of colored fiberglass that looks just like roof tiles).  They protect from rain and direct sun. 

I've seen the brackets and lamina for sale at a hardware store in downtown Chapala (can't recall exactly where) but does anyone know of an installer who can do this simple work?  

Thanks.

She is not looking for fabric awnings. She is looking for someone to do the metal support that will hold clay half tiles.

Kimanjome, I would suggest that you ask any iron worker to give you a quote. It should be iron because the tiles are heavy.  I already have a quote from the iron guy that is used by JP Home Services and will be getting another one from Beto who owns the iron worker shop opposite Bobby's La Terraza (used to be El Serape). I want one all the way along the front of my house that will be about 3 tiles deep at a 45 degree angle and will hide the "works" of my garage door. The tiles seem to be the hardest thing to find right now since I want them smooth on both sides.

On 2/1/2019 at 9:32 AM, Ferret said:

She is not looking for fabric awnings. She is looking for someone to do the metal support that will hold clay half tiles.

Kimanjome, I would suggest that you ask any iron worker to give you a quote. It should be iron because the tiles are heavy.

Yes, that is what I am looking for--not fabric awnings, but rather, the tile ones that extend out 2 or 3 courses.

tejaban-para-ventanas-301365.jpg

Archived