Chapala.com Webboard

For those not familiar with it is a great service that allows people outside the US to watch some US networks for a reasonable fee. In can be installed on your Roku device effectively only by using Kodi. Watching from tablet, phone, or PC is a pain. Any thoughts?

I don't think I could ever get used to listening to commercials again. Books are much better. Much better than a $20,000 sound and vision system, almost to the level of the Star Trek Holo deck. Sooner or later, someone will take a great book and turn it into a crappy movie anyways. There, Now I feel better!

5 hours ago, JRPJR said:

For those not familiar with it is a great service that allows people outside the US to watch some US networks for a reasonable fee. In can be installed on your Roku device effectively only by using Kodi. Watching from tablet, phone, or PC is a pain. Any thoughts?

I just loaded Kodi on my pc and connected the USTVNow add on to Kodi. This add on allows you watch what you have recorded in your DVR.  I could not find the other USTVNow controls, like Guide and live TV, in the add on. 

Play back of the video on my pc was very good. But I do have a very fast internet.

I don't know how to add Kodi to Roku, yet.

5 hours ago, JRPJR said:

Watching from tablet, phone, or PC is a pain.

Before I got my Smart TV and after Roku drop USTVNow, I would use ChromeCast to cast from a cell, tablet, or pc.  Now I just ose the browser on the Smart TV.

10 minutes ago, REC said:

but looks like it should be reasonably straightforward.

If it is straightforward, can you provide the link to the information? So far, I have found articles saying that you can not add it or you have to cast from another device to Roku.

16 hours ago, Tiny said:

If it is straightforward, can you provide the link to the information? So far, I have found articles saying that you can not add it or you have to cast from another device to Roku.

As would I. Thanks. I have read articles on adding Kodi to Roku and before attempting it, I was curious if anyone had done it successfully. If anyone has been able to watch USTVnow on Firestick I would be interested in heading about that as well.

Tiny & JRPJR

I just Googled  add kodi to roku and found lots of resources. Several ways to do it depending on TV features, Roku box, etc. Googling USTVNow on Firestick would be likely to give you details on that configuration. I haven't done it myself as I don't use USTVNow and don't have a Firestick.

1 hour ago, REC said:

Tiny & JRPJR

I just Googled  add kodi to roku and found lots of resources. Several ways to do it depending on TV features, Roku box, etc. Googling USTVNow on Firestick would be likely to give you details on that configuration. I haven't done it myself as I don't use USTVNow and don't have a Firestick.

So what that Google say about how to add Koki to Roku? Where is the links?

"likely to give you details". So you don't have any idea if there is information or not on USTVNow on Firestick?

I have added USTVNow to Firestick. I did it a few years ago so I don't remember the details but I followed the instructions  at one of the many Kodi sites and it was relatively easy and it works fine. You will have to "sideload" Kodi to Firestick using ES File Explorer or something similar. The Kodi addon is not supported directly by USTVNow but by USTVNowPlus, but any issues I have had have been caused by and resolved by USTVNow through my account with them. You will need an account directly with USTVNow and as of the time I installed it,  you had to have  a paid account to extend to multiple devices.

1 hour ago, Tiny said:

So what that Google say about how to add Koki to Roku? Where is the links?

"likely to give you details". So you don't have any idea if there is information or not on USTVNow on Firestick?

You get up on the wrong side of the bed today tiny?

Pick one... https://www.google.com.mx/search?source=hp&ei=ClZTXJzNItLIsQXXtJ-YDw&q=add+kodi+to+roku&oq=add+kodi+to+&gs_l=psy-ab.1.1.0l10.2513.8500..19446...0.0..0.233.1331.9j3j1......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..35i39j0i10.78KcF6q-O8s

51 minutes ago, Ferret said:

I picked one.

https://www.vpnranks.com/kodi-on-roku/#3

"How to Download Kodi for Roku?

Although how versatile Roku can be, it doesn’t support nor install Kodi App on its device. The reason being Kodi’s third-party and unofficial add-ons that are technically illegal to install. Thus, Roku has barred Kodi from its streaming device.

But not to worry, there’s one method i.e. using screen mirroring to install Kodi on Roku. Windows and Android devices can mirror their screens on Roku device and lets you view all the content for free.

How to Get Kodi on Roku Using Windows PC

The simplest form of installing Roku on Kodi would be using Windows PC.  It takes few seconds to complete the entire setup and will be over before you know it. Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Open your system and click on Start Menu

Step 2: Now type ‘Device Settings’ on Windows Search Bar

Step 3: Select Add Device option so that a new device is added

Step 4: Now select Roku 3 as your streaming device from the list provided

Once you have followed all the steps that are mentioned above, you will see a purple screen appear on your Roku 3 which suggests that you have successfully installed Kodi on Roku. Now mirror content directly from Kodi to Roku device."

That sounds like casting or streaming from a PC. Not installing on Roku.

On 1/30/2019 at 1:50 PM, JRPJR said:

How about going in a little different direction? How about installing a browser add on to Roku instead of Kodi.

For example:

https://channelstore.roku.com/es-mx/details/154078/web-browser-x

Then access watch.USTVNow.com.   What I don't know is if the add on would allow you play videos. 

I don't have my Roku connected so I can not test this.

2 hours ago, Thor said:

Hi all,

New to this forum and the area.

Just a note on this topic - you may want to check out this website for streaming services - www.troypoint.com

He has a lot of great info on this kind of stuff. 

Cheers

Welcome.

Thank you for including a link instead of saying "Google it" or "Google is your Friend".  HAHAHAHA

I believe I read in the article that you should use a VPN to "mask" your IP address.  Is that because you are doing something illegal?  

Archived