Chapala.com Webboard

ATMs locally that don't charge if you have Wells Fargo or BoA

I suppose 'bite the bullet' is not very poetic, but all I meant was, and this includes me when I travel with my only American card being a Wells Fargo credit card,  that the the friends coming to Mexico for a visit should use their card at ATM,s etc., for their vacation, not worry, and enjoy their time in Mexico. Wells Fargo will extract their fees when they get home.  It is helpful  that they received a number of suggestions on which local ATM's charge the lowest for using their machines.  I was always told that ATM's in hotels have a among the highest fees.  

49 minutes ago, Floradude said:

I suppose 'bite the bullet' is not very poetic, but all I meant was, and this includes me when I travel with my only American card being a Wells Fargo credit card,  that the the friends coming to Mexico for a visit should use their card at ATM,s etc., for their vacation, not worry, and enjoy their time in Mexico. Wells Fargo will extract their fees when they get home.  It is helpful  that they received a number of suggestions on which local ATM's charge the lowest for using their machines.  I was always told that ATM's in hotels have a among the highest fees.  

I'm not aware that one can use a credit card at an ATM... don't you have to have a Debit Card?

1 hour ago, RickS said:

I'm not aware that one can use a credit card at an ATM... don't you have to have a Debit Card?

And those of us who have taken cash advances using our credit card at an ATM are well aware of the usurious interest rates the charge from the very second the withdrawal is made.

2 hours ago, Floradude said:

My apologies. I react very strongly after all these years here, when someone says "just enjoy it", "You're not in Kansas anymore", "If you don't like it, go back where you came from", and so on. Often these things are spoken as if we, as adults, would never think of the obvious, and would not by now have experienced many of the same things as everyone else.

In this case, I would be unhappy myself if I got home to discover that I could have been using mo cheapah machines all along. Because of course that's happened to me.

10 hours ago, Tiny said:

Thanks. Do you have to have investments with them?

No, as RickS says. I also have a 360 card that I usually use at CIBanco (they do not reimburse the ATM fee, but it is so little, I eat it). Between those 2 cards(accounts), covers all I do while in Mexico 6-8 months a year. I am a US Citizen that comes to Mexico   when the weather is better in Mexico than where we live NOB. And, when it is better for us NOB, we return there. Been doing that for 20 years. Works well for us.

Archived