Chapala.com Webboard

Daily cash deposit in bank...maximum without raising questions?

Because of the gas situation I have been reluctant to go to my bank (Bancomer) in Ajijic to make cash deposits. Now my rent is due and I have to send money to some of the vendors that i work with for my little business here. My question is, will it raise questions if I deposit 60,000 pesos? Should I do it in 3x 20,000 peso increments? Gracias

Anything over 10,000 cash in a month and you may have problems, how do you pay your vendors?  Pay them directly.  Of course if your business if formal and registered and you pay taxes there is no limit and no problems 

31 minutes ago, Intercasa said:

Anything over 10,000 cash in a month and you may have problems, how do you pay your vendors?  Pay them directly.  Of course if your business if formal and registered and you pay taxes there is no limit and no problems 

10,000 USD or MXN? 

7 hours ago, Intercasa said:

My business is U.S. registered (exporting Mexican arts and crafts), and I pay most vendors online in bank to bank transfers. I am more concerned if a high daily cash deposit (e.g. 60,000 pesos) would raise red flags?  I am just worried that I might be mistaken for a gringo El Chapo. I am assuming that the 10,000 per month that you mention is U.S. Dollars; correct?

Archived