Chapala.com Webboard
gringohombre

Daily cash deposit in bank...maximum without raising questions?

Because of the gas situation I have been reluctant to go to my bank (Bancomer) in Ajijic to make cash deposits. Now my rent is due and I have to send money to some of the vendors that i work with for my little business here. My question is, will it raise questions if I deposit 60,000 pesos? Should I do it in 3x 20,000 peso increments? Gracias

Anything over 10,000 cash in a month and you may have problems, how do you pay your vendors?  Pay them directly.  Of course if your business if formal and registered and you pay taxes there is no limit and no problems 

31 minutes ago, Intercasa said:

Anything over 10,000 cash in a month and you may have problems, how do you pay your vendors?  Pay them directly.  Of course if your business if formal and registered and you pay taxes there is no limit and no problems 

10,000 USD or MXN? 

7 hours ago, Intercasa said:

My business is U.S. registered (exporting Mexican arts and crafts), and I pay most vendors online in bank to bank transfers. I am more concerned if a high daily cash deposit (e.g. 60,000 pesos) would raise red flags?  I am just worried that I might be mistaken for a gringo El Chapo. I am assuming that the 10,000 per month that you mention is U.S. Dollars; correct?

AT HSBC, I understood the monthly cash deposit  limit was $15,000p.

• Confused 1

My wife's experience was in the US she had extra paperwork to sign for amount over $1,000. Here the limit was she could not make another large deposit for two months. She doesn't remember the amount.

6 hours ago, gringohombre said:

I am just worried that I might be mistaken for a gringo El Chapo.

But there could be someone worse than El Chapo reading this post. Not wise.