Chapala.com Webboard

Need New Stereo Tuner/Receiver

That was a good article, Alpha1. Thank you. I agree with it.

I have a good friend who is an audiophile and he and I prefer different systems -- or at least different speakers. Audio can be very personal and subjective -- especially with regard to our own hearing with many factors coming into play, such as how many rounds you have put downrange or overseas, how many cases of dynamite you have used or how many hours you spent jamming with your buddies standing in front of a stack of Marshall amps and speaker stacks!

Here's a link to Lifewire's  10 Best Home Audio Systems to Buy in 2019  -- their take on the best sound system for large rooms, small rooms and more

20 hours ago, Aquaponicsman said:

That was a good article, Alpha1. Thank you. I agree with it.

I have a good friend who is an audiophile and he and I prefer different systems -- or at least different speakers. Audio can be very personal and subjective -- especially with regard to our own hearing with many factors coming into play, such as how many rounds you have put downrange or overseas, how many cases of dynamite you have used or how many hhttps://twitteringmachines.com/system-review-ps-audio-sprout100-elac-debut-2-0/ours you spent jamming with your buddies standing in front of a stack of Marshall amps and speaker stacks!

Here's a link to Lifewire's  10 Best Home Audio Systems to Buy in 2019  -- their take on the best sound system for large rooms, small rooms and more

Thank you. I would have to disagree with the 10 Best list. A quality simple 2 speaker setup is the way to go for a great sound at a reasonable cost... IMHO and decades in the field of sound equipment research. 

https://twitteringmachines.com/system-review-ps-audio-sprout100-elac-debut-2-0/

I'd pass on the cables which adds a lot of unnecessary cost. A nice system to be proud of... I think...however less expensive systems are available, especially if you are not interested in a turntable/vinyl. 

I am not an audiophile, so I find the regression to vinyl as curious as I do DAC units which take digital data and transform it into an analog audio signal. It seems that with all of our progress, we seem to be going backward in evolution to obtain a satisfying result.

...possibly because we cannot hear digital...?

Vinyl is simply nostalgia. Our kids heard us winge on and on about "record albums", and are showing off what they absorbed. Oh, yeah: Big money in nostalgia.

(Industry insiders are saying the surge is beginning to die down anyway, right at the moment when "smart" entrepreneurs are investing heavily.)

2 hours ago, Aquaponicsman said:

I am not an audiophile, so I find the regression to vinyl as curious as I do DAC units which take digital data and transform it into an analog audio signal. It seems that with all of our progress, we seem to be going backward in evolution to obtain a satisfying result.

I use to be an audiophile, until the prices went into the stratosphere. There is a difference to a good system and a cheap system, however one does not have to spend a fortune for a good system. Ironically one can spend more on a "cheap system" if they don't know what they are buying. There is also a difference from Analog to Digital, assuming you can hear the difference. Unfortunately when you are young and the ears are at their best the funds are not there for a good system, and when you get older and have the cash, the ears no longer hear the differences. However I still do enjoy sitting down with a good piece of music and enjoy the emotions it can generate if the system can produce the full sound that the musician recorded.

Archived