Chapala.com Webboard

Need New Stereo Tuner/Receiver

My stereo components are needing replacement ...first the TUNER/RECEIVER

Speakers and record player(remember those vinyl players?) are fine.

An old set but excellent quality

Any possibility that Amazon 'import' would be possible.  Understand that electronics

carry heavy import duties and or cannot  be imported

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Tiny said:

ThanksTiny

Please advise the ease of ordering from Amazon for Mexico delivery re

~can I order from my U.S.  based account?  Prefer not to establish a MX account

~how do I pay customs fees and taxes on products?

Have you used Amazon to order different products and what snafus may have occurred?

Thanks...I always enjoy your posts..and debating style with some of the .com members.

You are succinctly clever!

Carolyn

1 hour ago, jonnyintrouble said:

Lot of crap these days.  Remember Pioneer, McIntosh, Maranz, AR?  Those dayz are gone.

Get to GDL.  Near the subway stop for San Juan de Dios on Cortilla St.  Five story building called, Centro Electronico.  New and Used.  They will carry it to your car for you on a dolly.

What brand name would you recommend, Jonny?

And what would  possibly  be a reasonable price expectation?

Thanks much

1 hour ago, Apachewoman said:

ThanksTiny

Please advise the ease of ordering from Amazon for Mexico delivery re

~can I order from my U.S.  based account?  Prefer not to establish a MX account

~how do I pay customs fees and taxes on products?

Have you used Amazon to order different products and what snafus may have occurred?

Thanks...I always enjoy your posts..and debating style with some of the .com members.

You are succinctly clever!

Carolyn

Yes, you can use your US account to order in the US if the shipper ships to Mexico. It will tell you when try to order if you sign in so Amazon sees your shipping address..

The last shipment I had that had customs fees and taxes had a separate line in the invoices for it so I paid it with the product.  

The only snafus I have had is when I ordered some seasoning mix.  It didn't clear customs and I was not going to pay someone to clear it.

47 minutes ago, Tiny said:

Yes, you can use your US account to order in the US if the shipper ships to Mexico. It will tell you when try to order if you sign in so Amazon sees your shipping address..

The last shipment I had that had customs fees and taxes had a separate line in the invoices for it so I paid it with the product.  

The only snafus I have had is when I ordered some seasoning mix.  It didn't clear customs and I was not going to pay someone to clear it.

Thanks very much for your help, Tiny🌟

Carolyn

45 minutes ago, jonnyintrouble said:

Girl, I have had the same stereo forever.  It's served me about 15 years with no repairs, and it's a regular ol Asian brand.  Berhinger A500.  The Internet will give you an idea of the cost xcept I doubt this one hasn't been superseded.  It's 150 watts per channel.  Might be big for you, have no way of knowing.

Maybe $200 @ZZSound

GREAT....$200 will  clear my budget limitations.  And ZZSound?  Is that a U.S website or Mexican connection?

Thanks, Jonny!!!

I could sell you my Onkyo TX-VR509. It was purchased new in 2011. Used a couple of years, but it is too much for our small place here in Chapala. It is dolby 5.1 (6 speakers, which I also have, including an independant powered Paradigm 10" subwoofer (quite rare)). This is everything you need (other than screen) for a home theatre, especially nice for playing blu-ray live concerts - the 3D surround sound is very, very good. That price point is about right, I have all the manuals, etc. PM if you want to see.

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/test-report-onkyo-tx-nr509-av-receiver

8 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

I could sell you my Onkyo TX-VR509. It was purchased new in 2011. Used a couple of years, but it is too much for our small place here in Chapala. It is dolby 5.1 (6 speakers, which I also have, including an independant powered Paradigm 10" subwoofer (quite rare)). This is everything you need (other than screen) for a home theatre, especially nice for playing blu-ray live concerts - the 3D surround sound is very, very good. That price point is about right, I have all the manuals, etc. PM if you want to see.

https://www.soundandvision.com/content/test-report-onkyo-tx-nr509-av-receiver

Thanks very much for your offer, Chillin...but I only need the one component.  😊

3 minutes ago, Apachewoman said:

Thanks very much for your offer, Chillin...but I only need the one component.  😊

Buy it all. Keep what you need and sell the rest for what you paid for the whole package.  HAHAHAHA 

Sorry Apachewoman, I am willing to sell the tuner on its own. I bought when we lived in Puerto Vallarata. The Amazon delivery and customs fees were around $175 U.S. It is a high tech piece of equipment, with calibration microphones, and connects to the internet via ethernet.

I just wanted to warn you, if you want dolby surround, which is an incredible experience, you need six speakers. The center has to be fairly high quality, the left and right front speakers can be medium quality, as can the right and left rear speakers. Subwoofers, are inexpensive now, you don't need 10" powered sub unless you want to terrorize your neighbors with fighting jets, rockets, and explosions. These big bass speakers make your room into a giant speaker, and the sound can travel a long way.

14 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

Sorry Apachewoman, I am willing to sell the tuner on its own. I bought when we lived in Puerto Vallarata. The Amazon delivery and customs fees were around $175 U.S. It is a high tech piece of equipment, with calibration microphones, and connects to the internet via ethernet.

I just wanted to warn you, if you want dolby surround, which is an incredible experience, you need six speakers. The center has to be fairly high quality, the left and right front speakers can be medium quality, as can the right and left rear speakers. Subwoofers, are inexpensive now, you don't need 10" powered sub unless you want to terrorize your neighbors with fighting jets, rockets, and explosions. These big bass speakers make your room into a giant speaker, and the sound can travel a long way.

And you will start getting complaints here from your neighbors or offers to host the next block party. HAHAHA

9 minutes ago, Tiny said:

And you will start getting complaints here from your neighbors or offers to host the next block party. HAHAHA

I though it would be great to get a soundproofed club, and have blu-ray live concerts every week. Instead of grubbing around on dirty area floors, you would have chairs and tables. Maybe when recreational cannabis is allowed, much more profitable than alchohol and snacks right now. But the reality is, I would have to make some sort of  deal with the coptels.

58 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

I just wanted to warn you, if you want dolby surround, which is an incredible experience, you need six speakers. The center has to be fairly high quality, the left and right front speakers can be medium quality, as can the right and left rear speakers. Subwoofers, are inexpensive now, you don't need 10" powered sub unless you want to terrorize your neighbors with fighting jets, rockets, and explosions. These big bass speakers make your room into a giant speaker, and the sound can travel a long way.b

You are so thoughtful and I appreciate both your offer and information stream. Please PM me the price you wish to receive   Thanks

Darn. I'm so old, I am wearing hearing aids. So no matter how expensive and hopefully better the system is, I would not be able to hear the difference. :)

I can't even imagine wanting such a device, let alone how and where I use it.

Archived