Chapala.com Webboard

Can't log into MY Social Security

Sandrita

I have tried numerous times to log into my account.  Clicked on forgot user name and the email I think I set up my account was in the states and it is a different email now.  I've tried to set up a new account but it won't let me once I enter mySS#.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you cannot sign in to your account email, because it is no longer in use or you don't remember the password, you will have to call them directly.

I implore everyone to know and write down their passwords. All of them. This situation crops up all too often and causes nightmares for everyone.

13 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

If you cannot sign in to your account email, because it is no longer in use or you don't remember the password, you will have to call them directly.

I implore everyone to know and write down their passwords. All of them. This situation crops up all too often and causes nightmares for everyone.

The following is the link I think you are talking about.

https://secure.ssa.gov/RIL/SiView.action

At the bottom is a link for Accessibility Help.

https://www.ssa.gov/accessibility/

There is a phone number on that page.

That is why I love password software.

On 1/28/2019 at 10:54 AM, Sandrita said:

I have tried numerous times to log into my account.  Clicked on forgot user name and the email I think I set up my account was in the states and it is a different email now.  I've tried to set up a new account but it won't let me once I enter mySS#.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

When I couldn`t access MySocialSecurity, I contacted Guad SSA by email (FBU Guadalajara <fbu.guadalajara@ssa.gov>).  

Here is their response:

My SSA services are currently available to US residents. We are working to provide you with this service in the international arena but at this moment you may still find some restrictions that may include issues with IP addresses. You may want to try creating a My SSA account while in the US. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please note that in order to create a My SSA account you need to have a US address and the information entered when creating your account must match with your SSA record.

In any case, our office may verify the information in your SSA record and provide assistance if there is any action needed. 

Please provide us with your SSN (or the last four digits + DOB) and a contact number, we will review your record and contact you as soon as possible.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:18 AM, bdmowers said:

When I couldn`t access MySocialSecurity, I contacted Guad SSA by email (FBU Guadalajara <fbu.guadalajara@ssa.gov>).  

Here is their response:

My SSA services are currently available to US residents. We are working to provide you with this service in the international arena but at this moment you may still find some restrictions that may include issues with IP addresses. You may want to try creating a My SSA account while in the US. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please note that in order to create a My SSA account you need to have a US address and the information entered when creating your account must match with your SSA record.

In any case, our office may verify the information in your SSA record and provide assistance if there is any action needed. 

Please provide us with your SSN (or the last four digits + DOB) and a contact number, we will review your record and contact you as soon as possible.

I sent an email to the one you have in your post 5 days ago...still waiting to hear from them.

9 hours ago, Sandrita said:

I sent an email to the one you have in your post 5 days ago...still waiting to hear from them.

They are not prompt.  Wait a bit longer.  I have always been able to effect what I need from SSA through them if I wait long enough.  The only other alternative is to go to SSA in Guad.

Archived