Chapala.com Webboard

CARPORT GATES -NEED BATTERY OPERATED OPENER

I'm not sure there is such a thing as a battery operated door opener.  Usually, either overhead motor or a piston-type opener from the side near the hinge.  I really like these guys:  PUERTAS Y SYSTEMATICAS AUTOMATIC
San Luis 30 - Riberas Del Pilar
Tel: 765 4367
ph: 045 333 171 9033

• Like 4

Manual release garage door openers seem to be almost a non-entity around here. I had Puertas y Systemas Automatica install my doors six or seven years ago for $6,000p. About five years later, I finally bought a battery to attach to the top of the opener: original price over $4,000p. Ludicrous, yes, but now when the power is out (and CFE was doing that a lot in Riberas a couple of months ago), I can get my car out.

I have had work done by the shop in Ajijic, just east of Colon. Antonio and his son Jonathan. English spoken. They even have a generator on their truck so they don't have search around for 220v power for welding.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tomgates said:

I have had work done by the shop in Ajijic, just east of Colon. Antonio and his son Jonathan. English spoken. They even have a generator on their truck so they don't have search around for 220v power for welding.

Phone number please? ? ? 

18 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

They may have done a great job, Tom, but over the years I've found their prices to be a total ripoff.

In addition to the price comment, they tried to sell me an expired (by several years) battery for our in car remote. Highly recommend Puertas y Sistemas -Esteban personal cell 3310725464, speaks English.

• Like 1

I have used Antonio and now Jonathan for 13 years. Over the years I have found their work to be excellent, their prices to be more than reasonable and their response time quick. I also believe that they do not have set prices, at least on their labor, and charge according to the way they feel they have been treated by that customer.

• 2 months later...
On 1/27/2019 at 11:44 PM, ComputerGuy said:

Manual release garage door openers seem to be almost a non-entity around here. I had Puertas y Systemas Automatica install my doors six or seven years ago for $6,000p. About five years later, I finally bought a battery to attach to the top of the opener: original price over $4,000p. Ludicrous, yes, but now when the power is out (and CFE was doing that a lot in Riberas a couple of months ago), I can get my car out.

Mike, I know this is an old thread, but do you have contact info for Puertas Y Systems Automatica

It's still up in this thread above...

The father and son team that sold and installed the battery are Adrian Marquez Ibarra and father. 763 5527. They live in San Nicolas de Ibarra. Got an excellent price on the battery (half off, used) and they did superior work. They did a great job of lubricating the whole system and testing my remote for a discounted price, too.