Chapala.com Webboard

My vehicle photo ticketed WRONG

diandbeau

Yesterday I paid the registration fees for my car.  Man behind counter saId I had a speeding ticket from last year which hadn't been paid.  I knew I hadn't gotten anything in the mail - but paid it for over $800 pesos.  I couldn't argue with this man.  Came home and looked at my calendar - I was on an airplane from Phoenix to Guadalajara that day!  Is my only option to go to Guadalajara Police Dept. to fight this?  Can I fight this ticket from Chapala?  It would cost me more to go to Guad than the ticket.    

Somewhere on this site I posted my experience fighting an incorrect ticket. I had to go into the main station in Guadalajara and, sure enough, the photo was of a different car and plate and the person who transcribes the phototicket to their system keyed the info incorrectly. The ticket came off but my out-of-pocket expenses to clear the ticket cost more than the fine.

1 hour ago, jrod said:

The ticket came off but my out-of-pocket expenses to clear the ticket cost more than the fine.

You had the violation cleared from your fault. Just imagine how if it had been if you had paid it to get your tag and then asked for a refund.

Yes I can prove no one had my car - because I had the keys.  And have proof of my flight that day.  But, as JRod says - it will cost more than the fine.   I just don't want to go to Guad to fight this.  I did get a legitimate speeding ticket five years ago - which was mailed to my house.  This was not mailed to me.  And the man at Registration seemed very happy about my problem.  Only time I had ever seen him smirk in 12 years.....

4 hours ago, diandbeau said:

Yes I can prove no one had my car - because I had the keys.  And have proof of my flight that day.  But, as JRod says - it will cost more than the fine.   I just don't want to go to Guad to fight this.  I did get a legitimate speeding ticket five years ago - which was mailed to my house.  This was not mailed to me.  And the man at Registration seemed very happy about my problem.  Only time I had ever seen him smirk in 12 years.....

Our experience is that if you pay first, the chance of getting a refund is 0 %.

You used to be able to check online and see the photo they took 

Thanks everyone.  Yes I paid it.  No I don't expect a refund.  However, having two speeding tickets now am wondering if they do it again -  what a third ticket would mean?  The answer I was looking for was indeed if you could go online to check or do something about it here in Chapala.    

Archived