Chapala.com Webboard

Need to create a PDF doc file

Where can I get a PDF file (copy of my passport) to submit in processing for an e-visa?  The file must be around 250-300 KB in size.  I only have Adobe Acrobat Reader on my computer and don't want to shell out $15 or so just to be able to create one file.  Thanks in advance for ideas.

15 minutes ago, Tiny said:

It depends on what equipment you have. Do you have a smart phone? You can take a pic (jpg) and use free jpg to pdf conversion software.

I've tried that but the conversion software reduces the size to around 68 KB which seems to be too small to meet the requirement.  Thanks.

I cannot get my scanner on my printer to work and have had little success with the Adobe App on my phone..  Where can I get a pdf file of a specific size created?  Thanks.

w

I  was working with a 1.1 mb Jpg photo of the passport and trying to convert online to PDF.  Most converters reduced it to 68 KB.  Too small for the requirement.  The converter you suggest converts to 660 KB and even the compressor only reduces it to 500 KB or so.  I think I need to go to a local shop and have them create the file with a scanner.  Any ideas.  Really appreciate your help. I've literally spent hours trying to sort this out and the company assisting with the visa filing is no help,

You need to resize the jpg. Make the dimensions about 1/2 the size they are now. For example, if the photo is 4 x 6, reduce it to 2" x 3" and see if it needs to be even smaller. I can do that in Libre Office so I expect you could use MS Office.

I have never used MS Office or MS Word for anything other than creating word documents. I realize you are trying to be helpful, but your suggestions are beyond my familiarity with these programs.  It would be most helpful if someone would suggest a store/office where I could go to have a 250 KB copy of my passport made.  Thanks.

Thanks.  You'd think this would be easy.  It's not been - at least for me.  The e-visa requirements are very specific and if I make a mistake I loose the $120 visa fee.  (Not to mention possibly the price of the tour.)

13 hours ago, Orygun Duck said:

The file must be around 250-300 KB in size.  

I use an app similar to CamScanner on my cell phone. It's called FastScanner. The only reason I mention it is because it has options for the size of file you create.  Also you may try a lower quality pic. That may help on size.

Archived