Chapala.com Webboard

printer/fax/scanner repair

stuphel

Does anyone know if the computer repair places in the area can/will look at our Canon printer?  It's relatively new, we have ink cartridges for it, and would prefer not to have to buy a new one (again) if it can be repaired at a reasonable cost.  

Or do you know who would look at it if not the computer techs.  

2 hours ago, stuphel said:

Does anyone know if the computer repair places in the area can/will look at our Canon printer?  It's relatively new, we have ink cartridges for it, and would prefer not to have to buy a new one (again) if it can be repaired at a reasonable cost.  

Or do you know who would look at it if not the computer techs.  

If you would explain what the problem is, it may help someone to make a recommendation.

Tiny is right. First thing to look at, is it a connectivity problem? Is it an ink problem? Is it a software problem. Is it a paper jam problem. Is it an "error message" problem. The list goes on and on, and different models require different fixes. Physical damage, on the other hand, can rarely be repaired. It isn't worth it, and we can't get the parts easily anyway... not to mention the sum of the price of the parts far exceeds the price of the printer. Feel free to call me at the number listed beside my post.

I have an Epson WorkForce 500 that someone gave me that needs the nozzles taken out and unclogged. I was given 2 sets of new color ink and 3 sets of new black ink and I would hate to just throw it all away. Does anyone locally have the skill-sets and tools to take out the nozzles and soak then in solvent or whatever it takes to unclog them?  I understand from cartridge people that ink is not available for that printer, but with the encouraging quick US Amazon delivery post on this site [ Amazon delivered in 3 days ] ink might soon be available.

I do not. Disassembling printers is a delicate job that should only be performed by experienced personnel, and to get that experience requires a lot of time with printers. There are clips and snaps that are difficult to get at and can easily break during the process.

10 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Feel free to call me at the number listed beside my post.

I thought you were talking about the information that is displayed with a PC browser. I was trying to say that on the cell browser (Chrome) I use, that information on the side is not displayed.

I have a Free Canon MP560 c/w 10+ cartridges, 3 larger dbl black cartridges included, all in sealed cello. The printer requires a new print head, the original was clogged from lack of use. eBay has many listed QY6-0073 Printhead For Canon iP3600 iP3680 MP540 MP560 MP568 MP620 $24.98±

I have removed & cleaned the original head several times without any success. Removal is simple the U tube videos are straight fwd

pm me for contact info

Archived