Chapala.com Webboard

i took a friend to the chopo lab on justo sierra in guadalajara. he had a lower abdominal mri, colon etc, and with the discount it was 4275 pesos. took about 40 minutes and walked out with the results. also wife had endoscopy this last tuesday at laboratorio tolsa on enrique diaz de leon street in gdl, 6000 pesos with report and pictures. any biopsy work is extra but not too expensive.did not have a doctors order, i just called tolsa and made the appointment. doable without spanish but much easier with fluent spanish.

I was heading into Chapala from Riberas and noticed a CT Scan place on the mountainside directly across from the Farmacia Guadalajara. At least I'm pretty sure that is what it said. I have no details. Sometimes a CT scan will suffice. It might be worth looking into.

1 hour ago, Aquaponicsman said:

I was heading into Chapala from Riberas and noticed a CT Scan place on the mountainside directly across from the Farmacia Guadalajara. At least I'm pretty sure that is what it said. I have no details. Sometimes a CT scan will suffice. It might be worth looking into.

I think there is someone offering CT and MRI scans, but they drive you into Guadalajara and back. Often doctors have coupons issued to them by different labs. Chopo has a free pickup and return service, but they like more than one customer for the ride. The Chopo machine at the American Hospital is very new and impressive. I won't tell you the price, because it was heavily subsidized by Chopo as part of an agreement with a public hospital, and part of patient care.

Archived