Chapala.com Webboard

Ignoring a poster?

9 minutes ago, ericurmudgeon said:

How does one “ignore” a specific poster? Could not find the info on the site,

thanks. 

Go to your profile page and click on “account”. It will open and show “ignored users” at the bottom. Open that and put in name board user uses on this board. I have done three so far. 

3 hours ago, Tiny said:

On this page with a pc, place the cursor over their pic/letter.  In the pop-up, scroll down and click on Ignore User.

I do not see this option when I view a member profile on my iPad. I have always had to do it the way Al Berca does. Ignore makes life so much more pleasant.

26 minutes ago, Xena said:

I do not see this option when I view a member profile on my iPad. I have always had to do it the way Al Berca does. Ignore makes life so much more pleasant.

4 hours ago, Tiny said:

On this page with a pc

I finally figured it out. It is so simple, that most of us miss the option. I would always put my curser on the picture and then left or right click. NO NO.  What I discovered after more tries than I want to admit is just put your curser over the picture and back off for a few seconds and up pops a very small rectangle that gives you three options on of which is "Ignore user". Left click on that option. It is that simple, say I after many many failed attempts :)

I am afraid to find out if I can put the curser over my picture and click "Ignore user"

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2019 at 2:41 PM, Tiny said:

On this page with a pc, place the cursor over their pic/letter.  In the pop-up, scroll down and click on Ignore User.

Worked with my iMac, too, Tiny.  Thanks so much, what a relief THAT will be.

On 2/5/2019 at 11:36 AM, Alfa said:

What is supposed to happen when you "ignore" a poster? I was hoping to not see his postings again but they are still there when I open an item although he is on my ignore list.

When someone on my 'Ignore List' posts, and I am reading down through the thread, in the place where an Ignored person would have been there is a 'grayed out' place saying I have ignored this user. There, it gives me a choice to look at the post anyway or a drop-down to change my settings about this Ignored poster.

Is this not happening to your Ignored posters? If not, are you logged in or just browsing as a guest?

EDIT:  BUT, just now an ignored user's Post was right there.... in my face. Right above it there was the grayed out part saying it had been blocked but..... they lied!

Archived