Chapala.com Webboard

Al Chile food truck

ComputerGuy

Not sure if that is the correct name. EDIT I fixed the name in the topic title. It is beside the "Arabian" food truck on the corner beside Donas Donuts.

At there Saturday night around 7:30; he closes at 8, but is open until everyone finishes. We had a hamburger, which is half the menu choices, and the salmon, from a small but hearty selection of dishes. Specialty on Saturday was fried eggplant, and mussels. Salmon was cooked perfectly, with expertly grilled veg, but could have used a side of rice. $160p.

The hamburger hits that high price point that I think has gotten out of control at lakeside, at 99p... but what a great burger. Thick, juicy, flavourful. The owner/chef is a bit of an artist, and you can see his flair when putting orders together. He has wine along with soft drinks, and I guess beer. I believe he used to cook at Gosha's.

"Al Chile". And yes. The best newish restaurant in Ajijic is a truck.

He's been there about 8 months or so. I have selfishly chosen not to mention "Al Chile" because I didn't want him to be out of my favorite(s) next time I'm there. He's making some great food in that tiny kitchen. I don't know about Gosha's, but he definitely used to cook at Gossips. 

Archived