Chapala.com Webboard

1 hour ago, tomgates said:

Drove west all all stations open including SJC, no lines. Is the crisis over???

No. Deliveries have picked up, yes, but I believe mainly people have gotten over the panic and are no longer lining up "just in case".

I believe it is over. At least for the time being. Drove to Zapopan this morning and took a different route back home. Every gas station I saw was open and none had lines. Here, GDL and Zapopan.

• Like 3

Meanwhile I'm hording.  Got about 50 liters stored in the bodega.  It came by moto 6 liters per trip.  That 50L is about 100 Kilometers of driving.  I'm good.

Thanks to Tom for starting this thread and to all who posted "breaking news" on where gas was available.  Let's stick to that topic only a little longer in case the gas lines return.

13 hours ago, jonnyintrouble said:

That 50L is about 100 Kilometers of driving.

I'm wondering what you drive that gets 2km per litre...

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, El Bizco said:

405px-Grave-digger-monster-jam-2014.jpg

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, El Bizco said:

He´s referring to…...un burro y agua.

3 hours ago, El Bizco said:

Scooter 125 and 175.  I never leave home without one. 

For what it's worth, just drove into Ajijic from the Raquet Club, Pemex, mountain side,  just East of the fish resturants open (green, red, & black) all available.  Also, the BP, mountain side, just before Los Sabanos, open, (green & red) no lines at either location. Fingers crossed maybe it's over!!!

I predict another gas shortage is in the near future. 

I have two scooters for sale.  They are AKA Shortage-Busters.   hehehehehe

Really, I figure the tank trucking is costing Pemex dearly.  It's also costing the Mafia.  Now tell me the big M is going to drop their trou and squeal like a pig.  They'll start hijacking tankers, take the gas and the truck.   And/or gas will cost waaaay more.  Just sayin like.

The pipeline is to Mexico what the wall is to Yankers.   Too much, too long to defend.

Cut the editorials Johnny

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tomgates said:

Cut the editorials Johnny

That for you is an editorial?  Reconfigure to make it like Twitter so people like your Prez don't have to struggle with English.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

WTF are you talking about?  Get off this thread about Gas Availability.

• Like 1

We've tried every station for Red in the last couple of days and none had it. Magna is everywhere, but zippo for premium.

Long lines in Guadalajara for gas, a few blocks long.  They say no shortage but with everyone filling up and not knowing what to believe it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.  

I noticed one gas station with a long line (one block) and another station that had all of the pumps with cars being serviced as we drove through GDL. I didn't see any closed stations. I wonder if some that was because people were filling up to make sure they had gas for the weekend.

This thread has gotten very long and continues to wander despite repeated requests to stay on topic.  It seems gas is reasonably available locally though it will be interesting to see if things tighten up over the long weekend.  Closed but start a new one if the local gasoline lines return.

7 hours ago, Intercasa said:

Long lines in Guadalajara for gas, a few blocks long.  They say no shortage but with everyone filling up and not knowing what to believe it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.  

https://www.informador.mx/jalisco/Regresan-las-filas-a-gasolineras-tras-rumor-de-escasez-20190202-0012.html