Chapala.com Webboard

Gas Availability

tomgates

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gas for the last couple of hours in La Canacinta station. Cars heading west are parked on side of highway. Taking about an hour.

Cars coming east are being directed to turn left off the highway onto the road that heads up the mountain, behind the Oxxo, and come in from there.

Last night a friend called before 9 PM and said there was gas in San Juan (east of San Nicholas Vista del Lago).  Put a jacket over my pajamas and got in line.  Scary time with buses and big rigs on two-lane carretera.  Hour after hour - hardly moving - until at 2:45 AM loudspeaker said Pemex was closing.  Would reopen at 5 AM.  I have hardly any gas - but turned around and went home.  I feel badly for the people who depend on their cars to work.  I'm sure they waited in line all night and are working today without any sleep.  

Just heard that La Canacinta still has lots of gas; they are doling it out 500p, but people are also filling up jugs. (Whether they are limiting those, too, don't know.) Best to come in from the west and turn off the highway... that line is much shorter.

25 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Just heard that La Canacinta still has lots of gas; they are doling it out 500p, but people are also filling up jugs. (Whether they are limiting those, too, don't know.) Best to come in from the west and turn off the highway... that line is much shorter.

Took me 1:20 from Hotel Pescador (12:40 PM to 2 PM).

And, yes, they are filling multiple jerry cans/jugs.

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

Gas for the last couple of hours in La Canacinta station. Cars heading west are parked on side of highway. Taking about an hour.

Cars coming east are being directed to turn left off the highway onto the road that heads up the mountain, behind the Oxxo, and come in from there.

Thanks CG! 45 minutes and I've got a full tank!!!

Gas station report: To  and from Chapala :. Going at 12:30PM,  coming back: 2:40PM
East of / Near  Arileo -  Open with  LONG  line from the east  well  past La Cristina , one poor guy pushing his car, 
And the other long line -  up that  side road  at the station up the mountain    on BOTH  trips.. 
stations at :  La Canacita , Ajjic  and Libermiento  - closed on both trips …. ropes up , no cars at pumps,  etc..
Coming into Chapala via  Libermiento  approach.. a LONG  zig-zag-zig   line on  numerous streets in  town  - both trips ..

Just came from the gas station just west of Ajijic. Got there 2:24 and went just past to a road on the north then came back so I’m now coming from the west. Suggested by two people. Within one hour I was at the pumps but was too late literally by 3 vehicles. If I hadn’t taken time to go pee first I would have been OK, at least for gas. Jajaja,,, 

I just got back from Guadalajara. From hotel RIU and only a couple of stations open long lines on Lopez Mateos. Made it to Zopotetan station 1 hour 45 min. wait but filled up. The only station in Jocotepec was the Pemex east of Joco pumping gas there are lines but not long.

Archived