Chapala.com Webboard

Deadly pipeline blast

ibarra

13 minutes ago, jonnyintrouble said:

Burning is a hard way to go.  The punishment doesn't fit the crime imo.

It is not punishment, it's fate.

I guess collateral damage would be taco vendors and breastfeeding mothers watching the bucket brigade. 

gas.JPG

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

It is not punishment, it's fate.

I guess collateral damage would be taco vendors and breastfeeding mothers watching the bucket brigade. 

gas.JPG

Sad but true.

Keep in mind that those poor bastards stealing the gas are mostly selling it to narcos at a reduced black-market price to enable them to continue transporting their "wares" throughout the country, killing and mameing while the rest of the population is suffering in long gas lines.  I don't have much sympathy for them except for the "taco vendors and nursing mothers" that may have become part of the fry.  Anyone participating, aiding the narcos, especially people in positions of authority (Peña Nieto) need to meet their well deserved final fate.  God Bless AMLO in his efforts to combat this decease and for being a man of his word!  How refreshing for a politician!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vetteforron said:

while soldiers stood by watching.Hello!!!!!!!!!!!

Those 7 guys standing there in a group are police not soldiers and might have just walked over from their trucks that is why they are close together. I think from the photo they are federal police but I am not sure. You can't assume they are simply standing around and watching from the photo.

• Like 1

8 kids were killed too, who are the $%&/()s bringing their kids to watch or help steal gasoline.. Stealing gasoline is so common that no one seem to want to stop it not the police and not the arly. The army was there according to the reports and told people to get away as it was getting dangerous. Of course no one paid attenton to the warning.. This country is close to anarchy.. army cops and thieves alll there and no one does anything and this has been ging on for years..and then you have all these pick  up on the road with large quantities of gasolines in plasxtic containers.. No regard for anyone security it is terrible.

• Like 3

8 kids are dead and maybe more in the ashes..who knows.. Pure stupidity.. imagine taking kids to steal gasoline.. What we see is greed, thevery and a totally out of control country. Pretty scary to see how many dishonnest people there are...and that s a tiny fraction of the reality.

43 minutes ago, bmh said:

8 kids are dead and maybe more in the ashes..who knows.. Pure stupidity.. imagine taking kids to steal gasoline.. What we see is greed, thevery and a totally out of control country. Pretty scary to see how many dishonnest people there are...and that s a tiny fraction of the reality.

Yes, there is so much dishonesty- of course there are individuals who are not like this at all, but I'm afraid there is a widespread cultural attitude that is going to be a huge task to overcome. My Mexican son-in-law says "Everyone's out to screw you, so you might as well screw them first". This is a shocking life attitude to many of us, but it's unfortunately quite prevalent. It's not just about gasoline thieves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

all it takes is a spark from a cell phone; engaging in dangerous activity is  a receipe for disaster. the state's mentality is  , let these poor people steal;  which the state  shares some blame.  I just hope the military was far enough away, as it appeared they were .  i'm against more policeing , as that leads to a police state. I guess the solution is people have to learn the hard way.

c

From Borderland beat:

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2019/01/testimony-of-daily-life-of-huachicolera_21.html

For six years now, entire families of Santa Cecilia have dedicated themselves to "huachicol", a term used for the illegal extraction of gasoline through clandestine seizures for sale at a very low price. Of course, all of this is under the knowledge of Pemex workers, many of whom operate from the refinery and are the ones who have helped to locate outlets, routes and distribution schedules.

• 7 months later...

" 'Huachicol remains the same as with EPN', Pemex

NATIONAL

7 Sep 2019

THE UNIVERSAL

NATIONAL

Pemex

HUACHICOL

From January to July [7 months] 8 thousand 655 clandestine taps are outstanding; LP gas milking triples over last year

Despite the persistent argument that el huachicol "is almost over", Petróleos Mexicanos (Pemex) continues to be the victim of organized crime.

The number of clandestine outlets in its network of pipelines to extract gasoline, diesel, turbosine and LP gas is high, and in the latter case, it already scales to worrying levels.

The theft of pipe products does not stop, the aggressions against the personnel dedicated to repair the pipelines are constant and the numerous complaints that the group of lawyers of the company file before the Public Ministry do not find echo.

They are crimes that the oil company continues to face every day and that, far from ending, in some cases increase.

The federal government refers to the volume of 5 percent stolen now [95 percent more is saved] ,but there is no statistics on fuels that can verify this statistic." 

https://www.google.com.mx/amp/s/vanguardia.com.mx/articulo/huachicol-epn-asegura-pemex/amp/

https://www.google.com.mx/amp/s/amp.elfinanciero.com.mx/opinion/pablo-hiriart/el-presidente-ya-perdio-el-piso

Last update 03 September 2019 08:31

Mexico's First State of the Republic Televised Presidental report:

"Presenting it as the Third Report confirms that one thing is what the President sees or wants, and another is the reality.

He also said that the huachicol fell by 94 percent "and allows us to recover 50 billion pesos."

So why did legal gas sales fall?"

It seems the definition of "theft" SOB is somewhat different than NOB. It's something you discern slowly as you live in Mexico. Not just gasoline from a pipeline but perhaps that shovel you've had sitting against the side of your house forever. One day you notice it gone.  Several days later you notice a neighbor using one "just like yours". You ask your gardener or maid about it and the reply you may get is surprising.  Seems if something is not being used and not secured away from prying eyes it somehow is fair game and it's not stealing. The reason why you see it being used with impunity. Now...you have a choice to make...confront your neighbor or decide it's "lesson learned".  For me it was lesson learned and I was eventually glad the neighbor was putting the shovel to good use. YMMV