Chapala.com Webboard

Punto Verde Cafe

ComputerGuy

Located in the same strip as Clinica Mascaras, and just a few doors east, a novel little restaurant that has a wide selection of flavoured coffees and drinks, and specializes in typical Venezuelan food. In particular, a sort-of sandwich called an arepas. Until yesterday, I'd only partaken of their very tasty frappa-cappa-choco-chino whatever cold coffees.

My arepa meal started with a very nice and very fresh bowl of salad, enough for me. Served with a creamy balsamic drizzle, it included broccoli and some lovely green beans along with the lettuce, shredded carrot, and other ingredients. Then came the spinach-and-gouda stuffed arepas, two on the plate, jammed full of a yummy stuffing. An arepa looks like a sandwich made with crispy tortillas, but is in fact a maiz shell that's been fried for crispness and flavour.  The whole meal was 88p, and quite enjoyable. They have other fillings, such as mushrooms, pork, and so on at varying prices. The place also serves little pizza things and other interesting dishes. Not a large menu, but more than enough for what it is.

Service was friendly and efficient, and it's a place where everyone seems to know everyone. A little bit of Venezuela just down the street in Mexico.

Archived