Chapala.com Webboard

ATM card

Herman

25 minutes ago, Herman said:

Will a US bank send a replacement card to Mexico?

My experiences:

• USAA will and if you explain the Mex Post problem, they will send it via UPS.
  • Capital One will if you claim you are a world traveler and for $25 USD FedEx it to you.

Jerboll gives good advice, I do it too.

Our U.S. bank sent our replacement cards to our P.O. box in Chapala registered mail.  We had to sign for them.  We have had new cards delivered to our house by the same bank using FedEx.  So in both cases, this major U.S. bank has had no problem with our MX address.  We have lived in MX 21 years and used the same U.S. bank with no problems receiving cards.

Scotiabank (Canada) just sent a replacement card to my iShop mailbox in San Antonio sin cost by DHL.  Only took 3 days over the Christmas season.

Open one or two savings accounts connected to your checking account and get debit cards for checking account, Savings 1 and Savings 2.  Then transfer between them.  If one card gets eaten you have two remaining.

I bank with two major USA banks and in the last 20+ years have never had a problem receiving a debit or credit card sent via FedEx or UPS to my Mexico address.  The time from request to receipt is never more than 2 days.  

Prior to 20 years ago, it was almost always a problem.  Things have improved.

Archived