Chapala.com Webboard

Clean potable water delivery

ea93105

Just had my aljibe cleaned and sealed and added a second one. Which water delivery companies have you used and which one has the cleanest ( smelling and otherwise  ) water ?.  How much for say 10000  liters ? No street water where we live.

Thanks

3 hours ago, jonnyintrouble said:

You know that service is called, La Pipa, right?   Ask any local Mexican.  And ask if, el agua del pozo es potable? The well here where I live is mountain runoff.  I drink it, untreated.  The tank drivers pay between 50 and 150 to fill the tanker, depending on their volume, of course .. to give you an idea of the markup.  

Ah yes, La Pipa. I've never purchased "house" water before, this house in new to me. Must be nice to able to drink from well water !

I did notice my neighbor getting water delivered one day and it smelled bad, just trying to avoid that. Not going to drinking it so I guess I shouldn't have called it potable water in the first place

8 hours ago, bmh said:

Some pipas have water ok for swimming pools and some have water from the lake, You have to ask the guys where they get the water from and then get the water tested.  I sure would not drnk water from pipas or water sting in aljibe either..

Most pipas in Chapala are filled a Simapa well. Water from aljibes can be fine.  My house has a 22,000 liter plastic aljibe that is topped off 2-3 times a week with clean water from a Simapa well.  From the aljibe the water passes through 2 filters and an ultraviolet lamp. It is as clean as bottled water. 

it is ok because you have UV and filters but is it of before that after it spends some time in el aljibe. We have an aljibe as well but we do not drnk the tap water we shower and cook with it but do not drink it. We have no purification system.

I think I would not drink anything that wasn't filtered at the sink. So either a reverse osmosis system with UV or bottled water for drinking. 

Water from lake Chapala? no thanks, except for watering plants maybe.   Are water softeners common here ? My interest in one would be for laundry, showers, dishwasher, and car washing and to keep toilet bowls from deteriorating 

Archived