Chapala.com Webboard

Good morning everyone!  Just a reminder that our Annual Lip Sync. show starts tomorrow, Friday, Jan. 18th and runs through Sunday, Jan. 20th at the Auditorio in La Floresta.  Michael McLaughlin has produced another great show full of dance, song and fun.  This event serves as the only fundraiser to help the Auditorio make improvements in lighting, sound, seating, dressing rooms, etc.

My tap dancers have some great numbers to share, "Riverdance" from the Advanced tap group and "One" from the Intermediate tap group.  Also, D'Le's tap class with Mexican youth are performing as well as a group of young ballerinas from the prestigious Hernandez School of Ballet in GDL.  It's GREAT to have local talent performing along with the Ex-Pat community.  In addition, many other talented local performers have been rehearsing numbers for months to provide an afternoon/evening of fun and great entertainment.

Tickets are $250 pesos and can be purchased at Diane Pearl's, Mia's and at the door of the Auditorio.  Show times are Friday at 4 pm, Saturday at 6 pm and Sunday at 2 pm.

Hope to see you there!

Val Jones  :)

Great audience last night!  Thanks for supporting the fund-raiser for the Auditorio.  Forgot to mention in my original post that we are fortunate to have a group of ballerinas from the prestigious school in Guadalajara that Hector Hernandez oversees!  His wife, Laura Elena, and their talented teachers are creating world class ballerinas and danseurs.  Their son, Isaac, recently received the top honor in Moscow as he is the Premier Danseur in the world at the moment.  Another son, Esteban, is dancing with the San Francisco Ballet and is also incredibly talented.

We're fortunate that the Hernandez family is providing this type of quality instruction (in Ajijic) to local young girls and boys who would like to learn classical Ballet.  I hope you'll join us this evening at 6 pm or tomorrow/Sunday at 2 to see not only these talented young ballerinas but also our local Mexican children who are performing a fun Tap number.  In addition, of course, you'll have your friends and neighbors onstage doing their best to entertain you.

If you don't already have tickets, I'm sure you can still get some at the door at the Auditorium in La Floresta.

Hope to see you there!

Valerie  :)

34 minutes ago, Kiko said:

Should be handled by pm rather than opening the door to politcal comment.  There was no political comments in op text.  

If it happened on a stage in a performance open to the public in general, why is it not okay to hear what, exactly, happened? I'm just curious.

A number of people on here who want to express their politics certainly haven't hesitated to do so, and are usually tolerated.  Whether that's a good thing or not is a matter of opinion, and not my problem.  Personally, I wish people would keep their politics to themselves since it just creates uproar.🙃

3 hours ago, gringal said:

If they Injected politics into a performance with a "mixed" audience, that is surprising, and not smart.

They most certainly did. In the 2018 show a friend and I walked out in protest. They just don't get that their way or the highway doesn't go over for all. I will never attend another one.

15 minutes ago, jonnyintrouble said:

It'd be nice to have a "room" for politics, hidden from the lurkers ... a place to dump our load.

Do you mean like the one on "Inside lakeside"?  That gets very rancorous, and do we really want that here? As far as I can tell, not a single convert has been made, no matter how logical or persuasive the arguments from the other side have been.  This also seems to be true in the larger picture.  It's much like religion, and is based on whatever "faith" has led us into whatever fold.  People just get emotional and angry when their "faith" is questioned.  Faith brings many people comfort because of its certainty, and questioning it is unsettling, to say the least.  Consider how many wars and how much bloodshed has happened in the world because of religious and/or political differences.

3 hours ago, gringal said:

It would be helpful if someone would be specific re the pictures.

Exactly.   For example, were they like JIT asked about, or were they more like this one?    😉     Which could be a lot of fun to a "mixed"    (Mex'd??) audience.....those thin skinned ones, aside.

Build That Wall.png

5 hours ago, tomgates said:

You lost the support of more than several with the stupid pictures of Pres Trump.

Not today..the cheering brought the roof down.....well done crew and cast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good show today, lots of fun...you all worked so hard....and raised funds for the auditorio...which is already much improved from all the efforts. 

Go Canadians GO...most of the cast and audience was Canadian!!!!!  It was all in fun..........

54 minutes ago, Go Solar said:

Exactly.   For example, were they like JIT asked about, or were they more like this one?    😉     Which could be a lot of fun to a "mixed"    (Mex'd??) audience.....those thin skinned ones, aside.

Build That Wall.png

Good show...and he deserves to be massacred at every opportunity!! It was all fun...to those who cannot take a joke nor see the poinT!!!!!  

If you can't take a joke...well, you know how it goes!!!!      For cryin out loud!!!!!!

38 minutes ago, poptarte_22@yahoo.com said:

Not today..the cheering brought the roof down.....well done crew and cast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good show today, lots of fun...you all worked so hard....and raised funds for the auditorio...which is already much improved from all the efforts. 

Go Canadians GO...most of the cast and audience was Canadian!!!!!  It was all in fun..........

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed all our hard work and dedication.

1 hour ago, poptarte_22@yahoo.com said:

Well 1 more then, for the fun loving (and hockey loving) crowd:

Prez order.png

A friend went to today’s performance and said it was the best one yet. She talked a lot about the show and never mentioned anything about any pictures. I told her someone voiced concern about offensive pictures of tRump. She could recall only one. The song used the word baby a lot. At the end a photo of a baby with tRump’s face on it came up on the screen behind the singer(s). She said the audience laughed and cheered. If anyone walked out she was having too much fun to notice. 

1 hour ago, Xena said:

A friend went to today’s performance and said it was the best one yet. She talked a lot about the show and never mentioned anything about any pictures. I told her someone voiced concern about offensive pictures of tRump. She could recall only one. The song used the word baby a lot. At the end a photo of a baby with tRump’s face on it came up on the screen behind the singer(s). She said the audience laughed and cheered. If anyone walked out she was having too much fun to notice. 

There was one picture, that Xena described, during the song "I Won't Grow Up" which was from Peter Pan. I don't know if that was shown at all the shows.

20 minutes ago, gogirl said:

There was one picture, that Xena described, during the song "I Won't Grow Up" which was from Peter Pan. I don't know if that was shown at all the shows.

Perhaps this one or similar?    This appears to be campaign era, and much earlier than the actual Lego wall.    😉 

before the wall.png

WOW!  I had no idea there was such derision and scandal regarding the Lip Sync show.  As a dancer and choreographer in some of the numbers, I was unaware of any political photo shown in advertisements nor during the production.

Many thanks to those who did come and support the show and I know the money raised will be helpful in making improvements and upgrades in the Auditorium.  Over the years, we've seen and enjoyed the improvements made so far.  The Auditorium is used by the local and Ex-Pat community and it's our goal to make it better each year.

Thanks for your support!

Val Jones  :)

I have friends from the US who are both from the right and the left who live lakeside. Most be they on the right or the left had a great laugh when they saw the Lego picture. Only a few thought that the picture went too far.

But we have to be very very careful here. This forum does not allow politics, and I have a gut feeling that if we keep this up that this very fun thread will be locked. So be careful folks, say I from the freezing north for a few more weeks.

Great comments and perspective as always, Pete.

So keeping things focused strictly on entertainment then; and hoping this helps keep you warm in those close to 0 C temps;

https://canoe.com/entertainment/movies/gotti-leads-razzie-nominations-donald-trump-up-for-worst-actor

12 minutes ago, johanson said:

I have friends from the US who are both from the right and the left who live lakeside. Most be they on the right or the left had a great laugh when they saw the Lego picture. Only a few thought that the picture went too far.

But we have to be very very careful here. This forum does not allow politics, and I have a gut feeling that if we keep this up that this very fun thread will be locked. So be careful folks, say I from the freezing north for a few more weeks.

This board does allow politics, up to a point.  Let's hope people don't go past that point.

I'll bet you're looking forward to coming down from the freezing north!   The sun is shining brightly today.  Have a good trip.

Archived