Chapala.com Webboard

Wanted - DVD Recorder

Guest English Rose

Guest English Rose

Still trying to find a DVD recorder to transfer VHS tape to a DVD. If you have one, I would like to borrow it or if you no longer need it, I will buy it from you. I know they are scarce but I'm hoping someone still has one. 😏😊

1 hour ago, jonnyintrouble said:

https://windowsreport.com/vhs-converters-windows-pc/

Once you have the software it's easy peesy.  

Here's a free one:  https://www.makeuseof.com/answers/free-software-digitize-vhs-tapes/

See, you dump on me then I help you.  

Are you forgetting the Video Capture Device? That connects the vcr to the pc. I hope the pc has a dvd recorder device. Not all pc has a dvd device.

Guest English Rose
3 hours ago, Tiny said:

Are you forgetting the Video Capture Device? That connects the vcr to the pc. I hope the pc has a dvd recorder device. Not all pc has a dvd device.

I said nothing! 😉

9 hours ago, jonnyintrouble said:

A PC too old to have a DVD burner, connected in a home in Lakeside?  That seems odd.

I only said that because I have fairly new, smaller Acer that does not have a DVD.

Important point. Not all blank DVD are the same. There are different formats. You need to get a format that will work in both the recorder and player.

39 minutes ago, jonnyintrouble said:

Do you know of the program, HandBrake?  If not look it up. 

Thanks for the link. HaHaHa

41 minutes ago, jonnyintrouble said:

It might be of use to you if you want to lighten up the weight of a flick.  

Don't understand what you mean by that statement.

3 minutes ago, jonnyintrouble said:

Say a movie AVI is 2 GB (weight),  You run it through HandBrake and select MKV or MP4 and it comes out about 3-500 MB.  You can also adjust how much detail you wish to remain.  It sizes down to two different formats.  Say in an email 2GB is over the limit.  This will fix it.  

Thanks for clarifying. There is quite a number of apps that will do that.  A few better than most.  

Archived