Chapala.com Webboard

Shaw 630 Receiver

judybrick

Does anyone have a Shaw 630 receiver in good condition that they would want to sell? Mine has become extremely erratic when playing back my recorded programs which I am afraid means I need a new receiver.  Please contact me at jbrickman@mac.com or 376-766-3420. Thank you!

Suddenly out of the blue my 630 is also a bit erratic when playing recorded programs. Very strange. Wait a bit and see what happens.

Depending on how old it is, your receiver might simply due for  a new hard drive.  I have revived many cable receivers by replacing hard drives.

Not sure how easy that is on the 630s. I know that the drives look like standard 2.5" laptop drives.

Pete

Shaw often advises trying a FULL factory reset if nothing else seems to be working to improve this - , keeping in mind that this will erase all recorded programs on the hard drive.....worth a try however as it may save you both time and $$.

I ran into a guy I know who installs and repairs Shaw equipment here.  Asked him how business was going, he said the 630 receivers keep him busy as after 6-9 months they usually start having problems, something to do with the frequency I think he said.  He said everyone likes the 630’s for recording but for Mexico, the 600 receivers are better.  Feel free to PM me for his number if you want someone to check it out for you.  

Archived