Chapala.com Webboard

Tuesday gasoline

cedros

I went to 8 different Pemexes (from Jocotepec to San Antonio) about 11 this morning. Some had long lineups but the stations were closed. All no had gas. I was also told there was no gas in Riberas.

For those who might be headed south for the beach, I just spoke with the Colima (city) Tourist Office and they said there is no problem with gasoline availability in the city or on the toll road.  Also learned from my hotel in Melaque that there is no shortage there (or presumably Manzanillo).

7 minutes ago, Orygun Duck said:

For those who might be headed south for the beach, I just spoke with the Colima (city) Tourist Office and they said there is no problem with gasoline availability in the city or on the toll road.  Also learned from my hotel in Melaque that there is no shortage there (or presumably Manzanillo).

Thanks. I am going to the beach next week but to PV. Does anyone know the gas situation en route? 

Just got back from Sam's and Costco, Lopez Mateos. Maybe two stations open with cars lined up for about a mile. All other stations closed. I have passed all stations in Jocotepec and El Chante, long lines all stations closed. Oh I was told all will be ok in two days....again. 

This morning with advice from someone in Riberas I headed for theChapala Pemex. There I was directed to and joined a long line at 11:22. Lots of car came in behind me. Eventually this line ended up at a Pemex--same one or different, I couldn't be sure. We got turned around--but I got a full tank at 1:22. Man ahead of me filled his car and 4 containers with gas.

Lexy

52 minutes ago, vetteforron said:

Just got back from Sam's and Costco, Lopez Mateos. Maybe two stations open with cars lined up for about a mile. All other stations closed. I have passed all stations in Jocotepec and El Chante, long lines all stations closed. Oh I was told all will be ok in two days....again. 

We just got back from the other Costco and then a medical clinic on Federalismo and it was BAD. Every single gas station that was open had lines going back about a mile or so. Things were relatively organized, but the traffic was horrible. What is normally an hour or so took nearly an hour and a half. If you can avoid going to Guad, do it. It's bad here, it's unbelievable there.

6 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

Big gas line to the Ajijic Pemex.  They appear to be pumping.

That is close. Darn I just made dinner. I hope something opens up west of Ajijic.

Cedros--when I was at the Pemex I noticed very few vars were pulling in behind ne and same with the ther lines. I could be the many others once behind me had been told< No more gas. But I don't know for sure. Turning into the station I could no longer see the cars that had been behind me.

However since they were freely giving out as much gas as one wanted maybe there's more. It's a guessing game

5 minutes ago, tomgates said:

Cedros,

We returned from the PV area on Sunday, all stations had gas all the way north to where 200 ended and you exited to the new Cuota.

Thanks tomgates. I have enough gas to get there.

1:45 minutes in the lineup in Ajijic to get gas. They say that they have lots of gas and are staying open until 11.

Archived