Chapala.com Webboard

What is the latest news on the petro crisis in Mexico?

Tarheel103

25 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Unfortunately, it's not an informed question to begin with. Us plebs have no way of knowing.

Good answer. So true.

What was it, three days ago, that they said that everything will be fixed in two days?  :)  I wish there was someone out there who could tell us. Well, I will not be driving much. No more trips to Costco, etc.

johnny, there often isn't any reliable information available, and some people whose names I won't mention feel that a smart A** comment is better than none.  Monday, it took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to drive from Riberas to Farmacia Christina in Ajijic because there were gas lines.  BP Amoco had gas, and the Ajijic Pemex on the careterra had gas, and road we jammed.  It took about two hours for transito to respond to the tie up.  The worst place was the intersection by Super Lake, and Papelaria Trinidad.  My passenger got out of the car, walked to a restaurant and ordered an ice tea and returned to the car which had only move one car length.

No farmacias and restaurants won't deliver, if you walk to one, they are out of stock and waiting for their deliveries from Guadalajara.  One poster must think the delivery people have secret supplies of gasoline if they can deliver continuously.  I also noticed people removing gas from vehicles on the Hildago in Chapala.  Hopefully there will be more today, Tuesday.  Good luck.

Archived