Chapala.com Webboard

Gas Lines - Unavailability of fuels

TechnoNorm

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Filled up at the Los Sabinos BP last evening. 

$500 peso maximum limit per vehicle and it took me a total of 35 minutes from when I got into line to when I drove away. 

I don't know what that station's status is this morning. 

Did you leave your engine running the whole time you waited?  HAHAHAHAHA

14 hours ago, Alpha1 said:

If container walked over, 20L, will it be filled? Awaiting turn lined up with cars..... In other words awaiting my turn. 

Probably at the Ajijic Pemex. They were filling many containers.

On 1/13/2019 at 4:08 PM, TechnoNorm said:

There is a failure in the system to deliver sufficient fuel to gas stations, BUT the lines to buy gasoline ultimately result because gas stations can not offer gasoline at higher prices.
Supply & Demand has been inhibited by federal regulation. Were gas stations allowed to sell at whatever price the market would pay, there would be fewer (or no) lines; cargo trucks and taxistas would have ample supply. Avacado shipments would be able to satisfy Super Bowl demand.

The US has laws against price gouging and apparently so does Mexico. This is not the normal supply and demand. This is a government caused shortage.

I think the government's response has been excellent. Do you really think that they had any idea of the number of PEMEX stations that were selling stolen gas? That alone threw their calculations for delivery tankers required. imho, they have scrambled to rectify that situation in an admirable fashion.

It would be great, in the aftermath, to get some in-depth information on all this. I wonder, though, how much information the gov't. will actually be willing to let out. Not if it damages their reputation in any way, and in keeping with various previous governments, not helping with any reporting of "bad news".

1 minute ago, ComputerGuy said:

It would be great, in the aftermath, to get some in-depth information on all this. I wonder, though, how much information the gov't. will actually be willing to let out. Not if it damages their reputation in any way, and in keeping with various previous governments, not helping with any reporting of "bad news".

Also, there is always the consideration that the more info you put out, the more informed the thieves and thugs are. Sometimes, need to know trumps want to know.

Transparency. I want transparency and I hope they detail the offenders in a very public way, fine them, have them lose their franchises and give them jail time for fraud. It's about time and I don't think AMLO or any parent would (or should) miss the opportunity to teach their children that crime doesn't (or shouldn't) pay.

18 minutes ago, Ferret said:

I think the government's response has been excellent. Do you really think that they had any idea of the number of PEMEX stations that were selling stolen gas? That alone threw their calculations for delivery tankers required. imho, they have scrambled to rectify that situation in an admirable fashion.

To me the most important thing is what the government is going to put in place to TRY to control the problem after this mess. Are we just going to have this mess over and over.

22 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Transparency. I want transparency and I hope they detail the offenders in a very public way, fine them, have them lose their franchises and give them jail time for fraud. It's about time and I don't think AMLO or any parent would (or should) miss the opportunity to teach their children that crime doesn't (or shouldn't) pay.

Excellent ! Out of likes, too ! :D

Archived