Chapala.com Webboard

Driving to PV

cedros

Define 'best' as you see it....  fastest, most scenic, best roads, less tiring, less costly etc.

I don't think that there has ever been a faster, less tiring route than by cuota 15D, and the 'new' autopista Jala-Compesta cutoff makes that a bit better (to me).  Going through Ameca/Mascota is 'about' the same mileage and time-wise, and a 'must' at least once in one's lifetime. Twice was more than enough for me but there is $0 toll charges that way. I just wouldn't do it in the middle of the rainy season or when they are harvesting sugar cane on that route. 

7 hours ago, RickS said:

Define 'best' as you see it....  fastest, most scenic, best roads, less tiring, less costly etc.

I don't think that there has ever been a faster, less tiring route than by cuota 15D, and the 'new' autopista Jala-Compesta cutoff makes that a bit better (to me).  Going through Ameca/Mascota is 'about' the same mileage and time-wise, and a 'must' at least once in one's lifetime. Twice was more than enough for me but there is $0 toll charges that way. I just wouldn't do it in the middle of the rainy season or when they are harvesting sugar cane on that route. 

Best-easiest, fastest fewest problems, more gas stations good road surface. Not interested in scenic or price.

From here, go like to the airport, then 3km past the Microliberamento to the returno, return and take the Microliberamento (tolls) to the intersection with 15D west and proceed until the signs (or Waze) direct you to the completed portion of the new Quota, south until it directs you to exit to 200 for the rest of the way to PV. 

1 hour ago, tomgates said:

From here, go like to the airport, then 3km past the Microliberamento to the returno, return and take the Microliberamento (tolls) to the intersection with 15D west and proceed until the signs (or Waze) direct you to the completed portion of the new Quota, south until it directs you to exit to 200 for the rest of the way to PV. 

Thanks. But I don't live at your "here".

I go past Jocotepec to highway 15 and then get on the Macrolibramiento and then google says;

Continue on Macrolibramiento. Take Guadalajara - Tepic/Lib. Nogales/México 15D and Autopista Jala - Compostela to Puerto Vallarta - Tepic/Tepic - Puerto Vallarta/México 200 in Nayarit (the last is a bit confusing to me). So at Jala turn off 15D to 15? Just want to be sure as I will be driving and my navigator  is not very good. 

20 minutes ago, cedros said:

Thanks. But I don't live at your "here".

I go past Jocotepec to highway 15 and then get on the Macrolibramiento and then google says;

Continue on Macrolibramiento. Take Guadalajara - Tepic/Lib. Nogales/México 15D and Autopista Jala - Compostela to Puerto Vallarta - Tepic/Tepic - Puerto Vallarta/México 200 in Nayarit (the last is a bit confusing to me). So at Jala turn off 15D to 15? Just want to be sure as I will be driving and my navigator  is not very good. 

At the Jala turn off you then take the new quota road to Compestella. ( #200).

The alternative is to exit at Jala and take #15 (free road) to Compestalla and then continue on #200 to P.V.

5 minutes ago, canmex87 said:

At the Jala turn off you then take the new quota road to Compestella. ( #200).

The alternative is to exit at Jala and take #15 (free road) to Compestalla and then continue on #200 to P.V.

Thanks.

Cedros,

I suggest you at least once go the Mascota route. Long ago I went to Mascota because it was at the end of the road and I like challenges. Now it is on the alternate route to PV. My recollection of the town is that it was like a movie set and it is quiet, quiet, quiet. 

Archived