Chapala.com Webboard

Bill Singlehurst

cedros

I should have asked this a long time ago. Does anyone know what happened to Bill Singlehurst of the Raquet Club. He died but I need to know the circumstances. You can PM me. I asked his son via email but never got an answer.

A few weeks ago, a long-time customer of mine died suddenly. I didn't know until I saw his obit. I'd just worked with him two weeks earlier, and he appeared to be in fine health. His computers were loaded with his writings and publications, as he was prolific and had a political voice and many contacts. I reached out specifically to see if I could help in saving his lifetime collection of work. I certainly didn't need to tell anybody why. A lawyer contacted me and we were able to save his files.

It's nobody's business why the OP needs to know. Can't you just accept the query and if you have no answer, move along? It's judgmental answers like those last two that ruin this board.

He wanted to know the circumstances.  Perhaps it was natural causes, perhaps not.  A lot of causes of death have a history behind them and sometimes relatives want to keep it quiet. Busybodies always want to know but sometimes it’s best to respect the privacy of the dead.

1 hour ago, suegarn said:

I don't understand why you 'need' to know, especially if his family wouldn't reply to your question.  🤨

I'm sorry you don't understand.

28 minutes ago, Jreboll said:

He wanted to know the circumstances.  Perhaps it was natural causes, perhaps not.  A lot of causes of death have a history behind them and sometimes relatives want to keep it quiet. Busybodies always want to know but sometimes it’s best to respect the privacy of the dead.

The dead don't need privacy. Cause and date of death has almost always been public information historically.

4 hours ago, Jreboll said:

Maybe his son thought the question impertinent.

But the question wasn't impertinent-date and cause should be public knowledge. He was a friend whose house suddenly went up for sale. The realtor only knew that he died-no more.

20 minutes ago, Jreboll said:

We should respect and guide ourselves by what the son did. 

Nonsense. I suspect the son just didn't get around to it. It should be public knowledge for legal reasons..  

1 hour ago, cedros said:

But the question wasn't impertinent-date and cause should be public knowledge. He was a friend whose house suddenly went up for sale. The realtor only knew that he died-no more.

Cedros, if I would have a friend who suddenly disappeared from my life I would also want to find out what happened. Hope you will find answer to your question. 

36 minutes ago, Islander said:

Cedros, if I would have a friend who suddenly disappeared from my life I would also want to find out what happened. Hope you will find answer to your question. 

What happened to him is a long way from, "I need to know the circumstances."

2 hours ago, Jreboll said:

Maybe you should clarify your “legal reasons” with Intercasa.

Nonsense. Jreboll you certainly aren't a curious person. I hope you aren't in charge of anything as you would never know what is going on.

7 hours ago, cedros said:

I should have asked this a long time ago. Does anyone know what happened to Bill Singlehurst of the Raquet Club. He died but I need to know the circumstances. You can PM me. I asked his son via email but never got an answer.

sent you  PM

1 hour ago, Jreboll said:

I worked as a registered nurse in critical care most of my life. I’ve seen many people die. I learned early on to try to be tactful and respect other people’s privacy.

To me facts are facts. Who really has privacy?

2 hours ago, Islander said:

He just lived down the street from me. We had worked together on projects in the Raquet Club. I checked their house for them if they were away and out of the blue the house was for sale. I've asked around and never found anyone who knew. 

8 hours ago, Jreboll said:

Maybe his son thought the question impertinent.

More likely the son never got the email or he would have answered. 

3 hours ago, Jreboll said:

Maybe you should clarify your “legal reasons” with Intercasa.

That doesn't make any sense. It would make more sense to contact Bill's Canadian lawyer but who knows who that is.

Archived