Chapala.com Webboard

Bocas de Pascualas

RickS

Always looking for “tomorrow’s secluded beach w/no crowds”. Years ago, and I mean years!, I found Chacala north of PV. The road out was dirt and the village was quaint and seemingly only known to die-hard beach campers although there were a couple of ‘motels’.  Fast forward to today and those of you who go there know that it’s been found.... and not only by you!

So looking for something maybe similar, I’m wondering about the Colima coast. Cuyutlan used to be pretty off the beaten path but not any more. So I looked, map-wise, farther south. Came across Bocas de Pascueles which is on the coast SW of Tecoman... down one leg of 200 so Google Maps says. With Google street-scene I could get a sense of what was there. The beach appears to be similar to Cuyutlan as it is black since it is not that far from there as the crow flies. There did appear to be a couple of simple hotels and maybe a couple of mini-soopers. 

My question:  has anyone, willing to say so and risk ‘giving it away’, been there? How’s the beach. More than one restaurant?   etc etc etc     Or any thing else maybe down that coast? 

Barra de Navidad and Melaque are never crowded except Christmas and Easter. In fact, I don't know how they survive the rest of the year. (I must say, Cuyutlan is a complete snore after you get over the volcanic sand.) You familiar?

There's also a little beach town that's been set up for disabled users; super clean, places to rent, hotel, and a few small restaurants on the water. Cuastecomates on a lovely bay. https://www.entornoturistico.com/cuastecomates-primer-playa-accesible-personas-discapacidad-jalisco/

Went there a couple of years ago. Quite enjoyable, certainly off the beaten, perfect for sunshine and nothing else.

Wow Rick S great find ...... but ....... on weekends that whole strip I think called el real is jammed up with weekend warriors bombing around on atv’s and surfboards.   There is a restaurant on the strip, the crab or similar, and its great but busy.

i find Cuyutlán far more tranquil except for the fact there is an expat presence for sure but not invasive.   It’s only a snore if you need an entertainment committee, imho

23 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Barra de Navidad and Melaque are never crowded except Christmas and Easter. In fact, I don't know how they survive the rest of the year. (I must say, Cuyutlan is a complete snore after you get over the volcanic sand.) You familiar?

There's also a little beach town that's been set up for disabled users; super clean, places to rent, hotel, and a few small restaurants on the water. Cuastecomates on a lovely bay. https://www.entornoturistico.com/cuastecomates-primer-playa-accesible-personas-discapacidad-jalisco/

Went there a couple of years ago. Quite enjoyable, certainly off the beaten, perfect for sunshine and nothing else.

I was in Barra de Navidad and Melaque in July and both were very crowded.

Like RicK S I drove the parts of the west coast south of PV looking for nice undiscovered beaches. Like Rick I remember Chacala when access was a poor dirt/cobble road that made access slow. Now the road is paved. Years ago I drove the coast around Careyes. It was beautiful with crystal clear water (which is unusual for the west coast) and was relatively undeveloped. Now it is mainly private. 

Archived