Chapala.com Webboard

Necessary paperwork for car registration renewal

heidinrick

Related question: what is the purpose of the small green card I was issued when I bought/registered my car.  Yesterday, when I renewed my registration. I was given a new thinner version of the same card.  Do I need to keep both versions?  Should I keep it/them in my vehicle or in a file at home?  (I have been given conflicting info on the latter. One person telling me that I must have it in the vehicle, another suggesting I should never have it in the vehicle.)  Thanks in advance for clarification.

10 minutes ago, Orygun Duck said:

Related question: what is the purpose of the small green card I was issued when I bought/registered my car.  Yesterday, when I renewed my registration. I was given a new thinner version of the same card.  Do I need to keep both versions?  Should I keep it/them in my vehicle or in a file at home?  (I have been given conflicting info on the latter. One person telling me that I must have it in the vehicle, another suggesting I should never have it in the vehicle.)  Thanks in advance for clarification.

That card would be called your vehicle registration NOB. When getting pulled over they ask for your drivers license and vehicle registration. No copies are accepted. Without either they might tow your vehicle to an impound lot until you show up with them and pay to get your vehicle back and get a ticket you would have gotten when pulled over. The expired card is not valid anymore so it can be discarded. The card should say on it " tarjeta de circulacion".

1 hour ago, SunshineyDay said:

As you go in the front door do you go straight ahead to the main counter or do you go to the right?

It depends what city you are talking about. Chapala or Jocotepec.  In Joco go to the left.

7 hours ago, SunshineyDay said:

What if you do not keep them? What do they prove?

It is just duplication. Doesn't really prove anything. Mexicans love their paperwork. Best to keep them.

15 minutes ago, canmex87 said:

What time does the Chapala license office open?

Monday
  • 8:30AM–3PM

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday
  • Closed

Sunday
  • Closed

11 minutes ago, AmNGDL said:

A lot of good information.  For a novice, what is the official name of the office where I would go to pay my car registration for 2019 in Chapala. 😎

Recaudadora Estatal (State Collector)

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/place/Recaudadora+Estatal/@20.2897283,-103.1882646,18z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x3e8eeb8bcbdbec60!8m2!3d20.2903744!4d-103.186341?hl=en

Archived