Chapala.com Webboard

Where to find: Those sheets of little pool tiles

Mainecoons

I'll be surprised if you can buy just one sheet of them since they come in boxes of X number of sheets. I would ask any of the stores that sell them locally first. Stores that have pool supplies etc. or any tile stores.

The made in Mexico brand is called Kolorines (there may be more brands made in Mexico, but that's the one I know). Maybe you can Google them to find their stores and distributors. Ferret is right, though- they are normally sold by the box. But perhaps they have broken boxes and will sell some separately. Make sure you use the special adhesive that's made for them- pegavenitianos. Regular cement or white cement don't work, that's why they usually pop off. And you use the same adhesive for the grout.

This is not current info but for what it is worth: About 2 years ago I needed a few small tiles so I went to all of the pool stores in Ajijic and no luck.  Someone said to go to the totopos tienda that was a couple or three doors to the right of the bus ticket office.  Just west of the intersection Colon/Carretera lakeside.  So I did and the lady there told me she would call me in a few days.  I did not expect to hear back from her, but in about three or four days she did call.  She had obtained exactly what I needed for about 120 pesos/sheet.  Good luck.

Archived