Chapala.com Webboard

Selling silver and gold advice needed

Lexy

I have a modest amount of sterling silver items and some gold jewelry that I haven't used or worn or even looked at in years. It occurs to me it might be a good idea to sell it for whatever it's worth and pay a few ever-present medical expenses. How do I start finding reputable dealers?

Lexy

Jeweller Daniel Jackson Garcia buys gold 10K. and up, and sterling silver, at market price.  The day you take it to him he calculates the amount of  actual gold or silver your items contain (he knows how to do that), then calls the place he uses in Guad for market price, and tells you price for that day. 

If you agree, he takes the items, melts them down same day and gets them to Guad (price will change "tomorrow"), and receives the funds.  You then make appt. with him to be paid.

I have sold many gold items this way, plus 147 pces. of sterling silver (was better deal than trying to see as flatware!)    thru' him and always found him to be honest and fair.  For jewellery, if he feels he can sell it "as is"  he will quote a price and a commission for same.

Still in Ajijic above Papeleria Hidalgo.  Call for appt.  766-2223

Archived