Chapala.com Webboard
gringal

GASOLINE SHORTAGE HELP

53 minutes ago, jonnyintrouble said:

Does someone have the # for the cartel?  I really need some gas!  Do they deliver?  

I keep a place in a small town in Michoacán that had two Pemex stations.  The cartel asked for money and the owners said no.  They were killed and the stations were closed now for probably about 5 years.  There are about 6 locations in town where you can buy gas from barrels brought in by the cartel.  Not very good gas, watered down some but it is available as I write this post.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Uruapan? I lived there 30 years ago.  It was bad then.  

Maybe petro will become available again when Mexico solves it's crime problems.  Looks like I'll be needing a new pair of flip flops.  

Made it to Chiapas and there is no gas shortage because they have always received their gas in cistern , no change of delivery and no problem.

Anyone has read the story about the gas shortage.. In facebook someone explained that Pemex stations report what they sell to Pemex and pay taxes on that amount.. If a staton reports to Pemex they sell 3000 liters they then receive 3000... Let´s say that in reality they sell 10 000 liters, they pay on the 3000 Pemex replenish the 3000 and the other 7000 are bought from the stolen reserve... If all of a sudden the stolen supply is cutoff you have a whole lot of resupplying missing hence the shortage.. Anyone else has read that explanation?

Surreal experience today...

Even though I still have a 70% tank, I decided to see if I could fill up today since I plan to go to GDL tomorrow and have to drive someone to the airport on Sunday. Riberas Pemex looked like hell so I drove to the BP on the libra.  Pulled right up to the pump and there was a hand written note saying "solo diesel" , well that's what my car runs on so I yelled at the distant attendant "diesel". He reluctantly came over and realized that I indeed was looking for diesel. As soon as he put the hose in my car, several other cars started lining up behind me only to discover that there was only diesel. 

If this continues we might start hearing about gas theft from cars at night or worse. 

I fully expect to see somewhat of a ghost town tomorrow in gdl.

8 hours ago, jonnyintrouble said:

I wonder if diesel would get a small octane boost if mixed with white gas, enough to putt my scooter.   

Don't do it. I sold a Dodge Ram Cummins diesel 12 valve I ran engine oil, transmission liquid, cooking oil. All well filtered and mixed 50/50. Injectors looked like new when one removed. What I am saying is I missed that truck today.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ea93105 said:

If this continues we might start hearing about gas theft from cars at night or worse. 

th

Gasoline was already being siphoned out of cars parked on the street overnight in Riberas. I guess that practice will spread to other areas now.

Take a cab to the airport, that is what I did and a bus to Guadalajara and you do not have to buy gas. WHen there are shortages you have to change your habits if you do not want to go crazy.

1 hour ago, bmh said:

Take a cab to the airport, that is what I did and a bus to Guadalajara and you do not have to buy gas. WHen there are shortages you have to change your habits if you do not want to go crazy.

Hopefully the cab will have gas?

They did when I call one yesterday tomorrow we will see. keep your own gas as long as you can , do not do trips now that can be done in public transportation. Do not use the car unless it is necessary..

Pemex report Saturday morning (between 9 and 11) for the west.

-In Jocoetepec the station on the west entrance has no gas. The station at the east entrance to Joco has gas. 2 lineups of about 30 cars each (wait 1/2 to 1 hour). They are limiting you to 20 liters.

-El Chante closed

-San Juan Cosala closed

-East of Piedra Barrenada it looked closed. 2 vehicles at the far pumps-special customers?

-Los Sabinos closed

-Ajijic closed 

9 to 11 this morning

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, bmh said:

Anyone has read the story about the gas shortage.. In facebook someone explained that Pemex stations report what they sell to Pemex and pay taxes on that amount.. If a staton reports to Pemex they sell 3000 liters they then receive 3000... Let´s say that in reality they sell 10 000 liters, they pay on the 3000 Pemex replenish the 3000 and the other 7000 are bought from the stolen reserve... If all of a sudden the stolen supply is cutoff you have a whole lot of resupplying missing hence the shortage.. Anyone else has read that explanation?

Very similiar to an Italian restaurant I used to visit in Vancouver. Very little signage, always very busy (with Italians). It was rumoured to be mob owned/financed/protected - whatever. My boss, at the time, was mob connected, and used to hang out there all the time. I went a couple of times, excelllent meals at a good price. Then I was emboldened to treat my Father to lunch, we ordered the "House Red" which was some B.C. low priced stuff. It was excellent! So next time I bought a bottle at the store - it was awful(ish). It turns out this wine is sold to restaurants in bulk plastic containers, the owner was subsituting with his excellent home made stuff. Making a fortune, and happy customers.

• Haha 2

The dilutant for gasoline is ethanol, sold in Mexico as cane alcohol, 95% pure, but not carbon filtered for taste/consumption, but poor people do add it to their ponches, and dishonest bartenders filter it to neutral flavor, and then add it to the tequilas and rum. The retail gringo price is 350 pesos per liter. This stuff has a kick like a mule, more like a drug than a drink. Believe it or not, the first time I had it was in Yelapa, Jalisco, and I was about 17 years old (physically that is!!!) . I had to drink a two ounce stone shooter of green  95% Raicilla (like Tequila) as a condition of being a card carrying, Tee shirt toting, member of the Yelapa Yacht Club. As usual, my parents had no clue of this, I had to pretend I was having problems with my sea legs (balance) going home, which at that time would have been odd, since I was off and on sailboats all my spare time.

• Haha 1

Just returned from GDL. Busy as usual which surprised me because gas lines were as long as one kilometer !

definitely going to park the family cars inside for a while.

9 hours ago, cedros said:

Pemex report Saturday morning (between 9 and 11) for the west.

-In Jocoetepec the station on the west entrance has no gas. The station at the east entrance to Joco has gas. 2 lineups of about 30 cars each (wait 1/2 to 1 hour). They are limiting you to 20 liters.

-El Chante closed

-San Juan Cosala closed

-East of Piedra Barrenada it looked closed. 2 vehicles at the far pumps-special customers?

-Los Sabinos closed

-Ajijic closed 

The Tapitios are buyinng up all "our" gas...also clogging up our Carretra with their guzzling SUVs

26 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

The Tapitios are buyinng up all "our" gas...also clogging up our Carretra with their guzzling SUVs

The tapitios have been coming to the lake long before we all showed up. They will still be coming long after we are gone. The gas and roads are just as much theirs as “ours.”

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

the cab driver who took me to the airport told me he had to wait like everyone else and that the buses use diesel so there is not as much as a problem for them

On 1/12/2019 at 6:25 AM, jonnyintrouble said:

That was me.  Sorry, I'm so ashamed.

Not bad Johnny. You're batting 1 out of a 1,000