Chapala.com Webboard

TelMex out last night

Me too. Not only was Telmex service out, but Telcel also. I couldn't phone on my landline or my cell phone. No internet on my landline. No hotspot availability on my cellphone. I'm happy when one OR the other works. To have them both down at the same time makes me feel very vulnerable if I have a medical emergency since I am on my own. Somebody please sue them both if I croak because I can't communicate for help.

Carlos Slim. Initials C.S. If you have a good imagination, you can imagine what his initials stand for to me.

Everything is working this morning.

Interesting. I could get calls on my cellular, but not make. I could get Internet on my cell, but tethering to my PC did not get me Internet on the PC. It's at that point that I doubt my own ability to figure out what the heck is going on...

1 hour ago, Ferret said:

Me too. Not only was Telmex service out, but Telcel also. I couldn't phone on my landline or my cell phone. No internet on my landline. No hotspot availability on my cellphone. I'm happy when one OR the other works. To have them both down at the same time makes me feel very vulnerable if I have a medical emergency since I am on my own. Somebody please sue them both if I croak because I can't communicate for help.

Carlos Slim. Initials C.S. If you have a good imagination, you can imagine what his initials stand for to me.

Everything is working this morning.

I'm going to go way out on the limb here, and guess that is isn't  "Client Service"?     😉

We had no service until about 10:30 but my Telcel phone was working so I called in to report the problem. Last time this happened I had no cell phone or landline or Internet.

Not being able to contact anyone for assistance makes one feel very vulnerable. When I lived NOB my Mom had a little gizmo from Radio Shack that called various people if she pushed certain buttons. She only used it a few times but it made her feel a lot safer.

54 minutes ago, MtnMama said:

When I lived NOB my Mom had a little gizmo from Radio Shack that called various people if she pushed certain buttons. She only used it a few times but it made her feel a lot safer.

If the "little gizmo" depends on cell service and the cell service is out, well...

No problem with any service in upper, West Ajijic, just above Las Salvias.  I, at least, have had almost no problems other than the very occasional CFE power outage when a fuse or two pops on a neighborhood transformer.  

5 hours ago, AngusMactavish said:

What I see is whining.

5 hours ago, Ferret said:

Says he with other people in his household.

8 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

From around 6 to 12 last night, no landline, no 'Net in my part of Riberas. No reason. This has happened at least a dozen times in the last four months. I don't get it, but I am sick of it.

Archived