Chapala.com Webboard

Ajijic tianguis

cedros

Correction

Maybe by 9 there are in full operation. At 8:30 this morning many stalls were empty and others were unloading.

31 minutes ago, cedros said:

Clrredtion

Maybe by 9 there are in full operation. At 8:30 this morning many stalls were empty and others were unloading.

Really. I guess things have changed over the last few years. Vendors keeping step with the gringo crowd. Used to be, they'd be at the Abastos getting their veg and stuff before dawn so they could get here on Wednesday with all fresh stuff. The last number of years, all I see is bags of imported stuff that they buy from who knows where... exactly the same stuff that Walmart gets, of which the majority is pretty stale. What a shame. Sorry for misleading you.

I wonder what time the non-gringo Monday tianguis gets going in Chapala.

They pay by the meter of frontage to the municipality as do all vendors you see. They also pay $800 pesos for cleanup. That money went to the workers for the first time with Delegado Juan Ramon!

1 hour ago, HarryB said:

They pay by the meter of frontage to the municipality as do all vendors you see. They also pay $800 pesos for cleanup. That money went to the workers for the first time with Delegado Juan Ramon!

Each vendor pays 800 pesos a week just for cleanup? 

Archived