Chapala.com Webboard

Suspicious drone sighted last night - upper Ajijic/Las Salvias area

Cincy

About 6:00pm last night (Friday, January 4) a medium sized drone was sighted above the Calle Emilliano Zapata.  It was moving about slowly then became stationary in front of my house.  I could see a red light on it.  Very suspicious I thought, so I went to get my camera and a zoom lens but it was gone 30 seconds later.

Should this be cause to call the police?  I think drones are cool things to have, but, snooping around neighborhoods does not seem an appropriate use for them!

3 hours ago, bmh said:

I would not call the police s the drone will not be around by the time they arrive.. I agree with you I think they are an invasion of privacy but I doubt you can do anything about them when they are in a public street.

Slingshot... ☄️🔥

It probably just someone playing with a new Christmas Present.

BUT

Did anyone hear about the Gatwick Airport fiasco? It caused havoc for days around Christmas. Stranding 100's of thousands of people for days. The army even deployed anti drone tech. Now they are saying there is no evidence there ever was a drone. The millions of dollars rhat caused.

1 hour ago, chicamysterious said:

BUT

Did anyone hear about the Gatwick Airport fiasco? It caused havoc for days around Christmas. Stranding 100's of thousands of people for days. The army even deployed anti drone tech. Now they are saying there is no evidence there ever was a drone. The millions of dollars rhat caused.

Who is the “they” in your last comment?  How well did you research what “they” said before you passed that info along to us as fact?

There have been some confusing announcements from the local police after the incident. A senior Sussex police officer suggested in one interview that there may have been no drones at all. This was later dismissed as a “misscommunication” and the official statement of the local police remains that they are certain there wes illegal drone flying involved in the incident.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-46670714

2 hours ago, chicamysterious said:

Yes, maybe, but it could also have some criminal intent, such as someone looking for potential property break-in opportunities.

1 hour ago, RickS said:

Who is the “they” in your last comment?  How well did you research what “they” said before you passed that info along to us as fact?

There have been some confusing announcements from the local police after the incident. A senior Sussex police officer suggested in one interview that there may have been no drones at all. This was later dismissed as a “misscommunication” and the official statement of the local police remains that they are certain there wes illegal drone flying involved in the incident.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-46670714

They as in Numerous news outlets. Would you like me to spend the day emailing uou all the links and videos.

"They" ie numerous news outlets have posted that there is no actual photos or videos of the "Drone". There are videos out that are claiming to be videos of the drone but it has bow been proven it is not. The only current proof is from "accounts" from "unnamed" people claiming to have seen a drone.

There has been one drone found in a field, not at Gatwick, but it was determined it had been there for sometime.

"They" also arrested a couple bear Gatwick but "they" were released after a day and a half in custody.

I am not posting here for my Writing and Reporting class. I am posting in a small Mexican towns expat board. 

To verify my story simply google some of the issues I state and you will find many many many articles that you may then Grade on the reporters use of Grammar.

I just googled

"they are saying there is no evidence there ever was a drone. The millions of dollars that caused"

and clicked on the news tab.

It lists several stories From The Guardian, Forbes, it also has The New Zealand Herald, and American Thinker.

I am going through them all to see. It will take a half a day at least. I will report back and also seek advise on these. But I will need to send Interrogatories first. It also seems that several International borders are involved. It starts in The U.K. or more precisely Gatwick... what... and related articles from New Zealand, United States, Mexico. The Herald, Forbes, American Thinker and Chapala Webboard.

Now thar I think of it the United Nations I think has suggested cross border international reporting standards rhat should be applied after of course making sure to adhere to local standard's. of course should American Standards be applied. Or perhaps english. oh yes Mexican because the webboard is in Mexico so the subject would change in order in the sentence.

I mean to tell you I feel lower than a snakes belly in a wagon rut Right down that there goin down the blacktop checkin roberts rules.

Then again could just drop a small note no more they. Its Them There

Suspicious drones are usually wearing large sunglasses and Fedora hats. Unsuspicious drones may still wear sunglasses, but often cluless tourist attire, such as Hawaian print decals. Know your enemy. If you are going to use slingshots, try to use ice as the stones - just as effective, and no evidence. At least that is what we learned in Spy Skool.

1 hour ago, CHILLIN said:

Suspicious drones are usually wearing large sunglasses and Fedora hats. Unsuspicious drones may still wear sunglasses, but often cluless tourist attire, such as Hawaian print decals. <snip>....

Suspicious CANADIAN drones are wearing Tilley Shorts and hats.....

Now the Sussex Police may be trying to cover their behinds, but what I read is:

In a second statement Monday, Sussex Police moved harder to quash suggestions that the disruption may have been for nothing. "We can unequivocally state that there have been numerous illegal drone sightings at the airport over three days from December 19 to 21," Sussex Police Deputy Chief Constable Jo Shiner said.
"There were numerous reports clustered around 37 occasions where a drone or drones were seen and I am keen for those responsible to be brought to justice," Shiner added.

Archived