Chapala.com Webboard

Meeting with Mayor---Tepalo

HarryB

20 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

there are some very large diggers working their way up the mountain above "restaurant  row" in San juan Cosala..but not to panic I think this is "only" to create more parking 

I believe it is also a new access road to Monte Coxala, bypassing the necessity of going thru the Raquet Club. Just a guess. You can see a road going up the hill.

I asked a local engineer and he said they measure from sea level and the beach in Ajijic is 1551 meters above sea level and measuring Vertically from there 1600 is at the foot of the mountains, and where the village if ajijic stops.

200 meters more vertically would bring us to the top of the mountains.

Chapala is the municipality to which the villages of San Antonio Tlayacapan and Ajijic belong. It runs west until one gets to the welcoming sign of Jocotopec. It runs north to the municipality of Ixtlaucan. I do not know how far east the municipality of Chapala runs or which other municipalities it borders on the north. Here is a list of the towns in Chapala:

Localities

The population development of the localities in Chapala.

Name Status Municipality Population
Census
2000-02-14
Population
Census
2005-10-17
Population
Census
2010-05-31
Ajijic Urban Locality Chapala 13,031 9,454 10,509
Atotonilquillo Urban Locality Chapala 6,775 6,611 7,249
Chapala Main Locality Chapala 19,311 19,925 21,596
Presa Corona Rural Locality Chapala 315 336 445
San Antonio Tlayacapan Urban Locality Chapala ... 3,351 4,938
San Nicolás de Ibarra Rural Locality Chapala 1,321 1,259 1,369
Santa Cruz de la Soledad Rural Locality Chapala 1,598 1,558 1,723

Source: Instituto Nacional de Estadística Geografía e Informática, Mexico (web).

2 minutes ago, luvsdawgs said:

If you look at the satellite map of Ajijic, it appears Ajijic does not go to the top of the mountains. 

But the Municipio Chapala does:

https://www.google.com.mx/maps/place/Chapala,+Jalisco/@20.3250196,-103.231597,11.75z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x842f4649cace3245:0xb9d3387438ef9c7f!8m2!3d20.2971255!4d-103.1889464?hl=en

Big write up on this in GDL Reporter.  I'm a little confused at this point.  It is claimed the zoning was not changed because the city council didn't vote on it.  If so, offering those lots for construction is fraudulent.  However reading the article gave me the impression the Presidente is talking out of both sides of his mouth.\

Anyone who was there and has also now read the article, please clarify the situation, thanks!

According to Taaffe the lawyer from Mexico City began an investigation of the paper trail this week.  Seems like contributing to that effort would be the first/best way to help get a handle on the situation. Of course conversations with out much basis will continue anyway.

Mainecoons I was there and the president contradicted himself 4 times so that is why I asked the question..  I am still confused about what really happened 9 years ago, in March 2018 and if the lots that are for sale are communal lands with escrituras, without escrituras.. why people are building large projects without proper permits  and are not stopped , how are trees cut down on the mountain without permits when it took me a week to get an approval to cut a tree that had fallen on the house and the car... I have many many questions and unfortunately I think I have a pretty good idea about the answers.

According to the 2015 census, its population is 50,738 for the municipality.[1] The municipality includes about 10,000 in the town of Ajijic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chapala,_Jalisco

If this is anywhere near accurate, after relatively small growth, Chapala doubled its pop in a short 5-year period. Curious what it might be today.

On 1/11/2019 at 4:22 PM, Mainecoons said:

Big write up on this in GDL Reporter.  I'm a little confused at this point.  It is claimed the zoning was not changed because the city council didn't vote on it.  If so, offering those lots for construction is fraudulent.  However reading the article gave me the impression the Presidente is talking out of both sides of his mouth.\

Anyone who was there and has also now read the article, please clarify the situation, thanks!

“I will do everything in my power to defend El Tepalo,” Anaya insisted. “I cannot undo what was authorized before me. If you own property and obtain a land use permit, it can’t be taken away just because someone objects,” he explained. “But I’m not going to permit construction anywhere where it’s prohibited by land use designations.”

This seems to be deliberately contradictory to sound good but not committing to taking away illegal permits.

The problem here is he is ignoring the small fact that the "authorization" was most likely illegal, paid for by bribes and handshakes, and he can't be bothered checking into any of it. "I've got my own bribes and handshakes to deal with."

1 hour ago, lakeside7 said:

Then stop sniffling, whats going to happen will happen..."when did you stop beating your wife"..

Was that snark really necessary? "

The mayor:  “I cannot undo what was authorized before me. If you own property and obtain a land use permit, it can’t be taken away just because someone objects,” he explained. “But I’m not going to permit construction anywhere where it’s prohibited by land use designations.”

This seems to be deliberately contradictory to sound good but not committing to taking away illegal permits."(Taafe)

To put it more elaborately, let us hope that the out of town lawyer can verify that the permits were obtained illegally and can do more than our current official seems to be willing to do about getting them revoked.  SNIFF!!

2 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Then stop sniffling, whats going to happen will happen..."when did you stop beating your wife"..

I’m sorry but your example makes no sense. When did you stop beating your wife has nothing to do with “what’s going to happen will happen.” It is an example of the loaded question in which something is predetermined and  puts the person responding on the defense. Like if I asked, “When did you start  being a jerk on the local web board for no good reason?”

Archived