Chapala.com Webboard

Meeting with Mayor---Tepalo

HarryB

Presidente Moy has finally heard pleas for his position on Tepalo. There will be a meeting Monday at 7 p.m. at the Ajijic plaza with him and the related department heads. Please attend and show support.

It was a good general meeting and many concerns of the community were addressed.. such as recycling , garbage, traffic , vendors on the malecon and others. As far as the Tepala is concerned, the Presidente reassured everyone that it will not be developed. However  am still confused whether the area zoning was changed or not. First we were told it was not changed , then that it was changed 9 years ago but that construction was not allowed and then that the presidente would not undo what had been done but that he would not allow development. 

If the change of zoning was done 9 years ago  under the radar why will he not reverse it.

He promised there would not be any construction there which is fine if he keeps his promise but if the area is urban what prevents his successor to approve construction? Again the subject was not concluded ,in my opinion.

Other people who attended may have a different opinion and I would love to hear it.

The tone of the meeting was good and it was the first time that a presidente showed up at a meeting with most of his regidores and staff. A few things were blamed on the previous administration and it just happened that the Ex Presidente who is now a regidor was not there.. I thought that was a little bit of the good cop bad cop routine but that is the way politicians work.

I agree, there were many contradictions on the issue of new developments; not just the Tepalo area.  There is a document (given to the Chimalli group through the law of transparency)  that shows that in March of 2018 the zoning (uso de suelo) for a poligon of 30 hectares near and above the Tepalo was changed from agricultural and forrest to construction.  This change was probably not legal because it did not include ecological impact studies, etc.  This did not stop realtors from advertising these 30 hectares for sale, specifically for development. 

The President said he would not "change¨the zoning, but this has already been changed (albeit illegally) in March of 2018.  He did mention that he would not stop building on areas that were zoned for building.  There are many  questions still to be answered, because to build a fraccionamiento with 200 houses (La Pueblita, Cumbres, etc) there has to be a public meeting on the impact these developments will have on our lifestyle.  None has been done, but the building continues.

The lawyer from Mexico City will begin this week investigating the paper trail for the Tepalo area and finding out the truth.  As it emerges we might be surprised.

Thank you Taaffe this confirmed what I thought I heard and understood. By the way I do not understand why the zoning of th e30 hectares will not be reversed not reversing it is letting a door open for the next presidente who wants to build there in my opinion.

To summarize, this "Presidente" will not nullify the clearly illegal and under the table rezoning likely involving the usual payoffs and will hand out building permits.

Sounds like the same old same old Chapala corruption to me and it appears once again the community will have to sue its own government as La Floresta is still in the process of doing.

So much for Moises the reformer. 

Don't be in a hurry to pay your taxes, folks.

:(

1 minute ago, Mainecoons said:

To summarize, this "Presidente" will not nullify the clearly illegal and under the table rezoning likely involving the usual payoffs and will hand out building permits.

Sounds like the same old same old Chapala corruption to me and it appears once again the community will have to sue its own government as La Floresta is still in the process of doing.

So much for Moises the reformer. 

Don't be in a hurry to pay your taxes, folks.

:(

You know I like nothing better than disagreeing with Mainecoons, but I gotta say that so far it does look like business as usual. I am not hearing that the rezoning will be nullified which is what needs to be done. “Don’t you worry. Those developments will never be built,” really means nothing. 

For that reason it is important for the he group fighting it to keep up the pressure because I believe that the change of zoning can be reversed The lawyer also need to determine who are  the owners of the  hectares of land that are for sale or have projects going on. The president said he was sending his inspector to La Pueblita and Rancho del Oro to make sure no unpermitted construction was going on. Obviously follow-up need t be done.

Politicians anywhere lie and cannot be trusted and have all kinds of games gong on so nothing new.. Look at the President NOB does that mean the congress is gong to give up.. If you do not fight and give up you are sure to get nothing.

As this issue becomes more discussed, unfold's etc so does it's complexity . 

I do not know anything about President Moises,, but lets assume he wants to run a "clean" government.

Respectfully.... I would suggest that people who now want changes made to possible previously deals with past administration... are "Riding the Unicorn".

Lets judge President Moises by his ongoing performance.

The City only has limited time, energy and finances...so ask the question , are these going to be more usefully spend going forward or witch hunting previous administration...how do you want your tax Peso spent..fixing the current infrastructure or hunting down alleged bad people....realistically there is only a limited amount of time and money to work with.

Over the many years living in Mexico I have come to realise that The Serenity Prayer helps me better understand Mexico, which has a significantly different culture from the place I/we came from.....I am still working on finding The Wisdom

God grant me the serenity, to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

2 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

God grant me the serenity, to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

I assume that we all have to believe in something, so I believe I will have another beer.

9 hours ago, RickS said:

IMO being concerned about ‘this’ project cannot be just overlooked and not questioned and I surely don’t equate that with ‘witch hunting’. 

I don't see it as "witch hunting" either.  Learning whether permits were granted illegally contributes to the possibility of reversing the "permission".

I too was confused about the change of forest/ag to residential in March of 2018. Moy said show him a certified copy and hopefully Chamalli can get one. His promise is one thing, but the only sure way to prevent higher development on ALL THE MOUNTAINSIDE of Chapala muni. is to have the 1800 meter height returned to 1600 meters. Developers are buying up cheap land all along the north shore mountains and will change our village into a city with NO services available.

As usual no transparency. Someone showed him a copy of the document and he said documents means nothing and that only his commitment to not allow construction means something..... Like his word means something if someone takes over tomorrow...He will do nothing unless he gets enough pressure to do something. If he was against development in the area he would cooperate. It is obvious he does not want to go against his friends..

This meeting was good because it clarifies where the President stands 

5 hours ago, HarryB said:

I too was confused about the change of forest/ag to residential in March of 2018. Moy said show him a certified copy and hopefully Chamalli can get one. His promise is one thing, but the only sure way to prevent higher development on ALL THE MOUNTAINSIDE of Chapala muni. is to have the 1800 meter height returned to 1600 meters. Developers are buying up cheap land all along the north shore mountains and will change our village into a city with NO services available.

Harry do you have any idea of what the height of properties being buit in the new CVNorte (Chamblies?), Upper CV or in the Raquet Club (Cabos?) ...I seem to get vertigo every time I visit friends there

Interestingly there are some very large diggers working their way up the mountain above "restaurant  row" in San juan Cosala..but not to panic I think this is "only" to create more parking for moreTapitos...to join their friends  who are already contributing to the weekend traffic jam

12 hours ago, HarryB said:

I think they want to change it back to 200 meters not by 200 meters

I am in Arroyo Alto, just above the first,lowest, street and my house is 5222 ft . A free ap is available for any smart phone to measure altitude. BTW, same thing for noise level.

Archived