Chapala.com Webboard

Glass pot for a coffee maker

cedros

The glass pot for my Mr. Coffee coffee maker has cracks so it probably won't last long. The only ones I can find Lakeside are at Walmart but they are too small. A Coppell worker suggested a store (name & exact address unknown) on Los Angles street in Guadalajara. Does anyone have suggestions other than buying a new coffee maker. 

Thanks but I was at Soriana yesterday and saw none. I will check the dollar store. I have been through this before-the consignment stores have the opposite-they only have the coffee makers as the glass pots break often.

Coffee makers without a glass pot seem a better option next time. Some of them have a thermos type receptacle instead made of plastic.

22 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

A fellow at Wednesday tianguis has an assortment of parts for blenders and coffee makers... perhaps there.

Thanks. I will.

On 1/3/2019 at 7:37 AM, cedros said:

Thanks but I was at Soriana yesterday and saw none. I will check the dollar store. I have been through this before-the consignment stores have the opposite-they only have the coffee makers as the glass pots break often.

Coffee makers without a glass pot seem a better option next time. Some of them have a thermos type receptacle instead made of plastic.

Having the same problem more than once...even using a ceramic pitcher of some sort would work.....then reheat in micro if needed.  Or a Pyrex measuring cup.    You can get mileage out of the machine without the proper canister.     

On 1/3/2019 at 7:38 AM, lakeside7 said:

Check out the different  resale stores they always seem to have an assortment 

Nada

On 1/3/2019 at 7:00 AM, ibarra said:

Soriana does have a larger one.  The dollar store on the plaza in Ajijic used to have them.   Replacement pots are available for some models from Amazon.com.  Consignment stores may have pots.

Soraina must be sold out of them. Dollar store has none . Likewise consignment stores.

On 1/3/2019 at 7:38 AM, lakeside7 said:

Check out the different  resale stores they always seem to have an assortment 

All they seem to have is the coffee makers without pots.

33 minutes ago, poptarte_22@yahoo.com said:

Having the same problem more than once...even using a ceramic pitcher of some sort would work.....then reheat in micro if needed.  Or a Pyrex measuring cup.    You can get mileage out of the machine without the proper canister.     

Some temporary ideas there.

French Press is a great way to go, super fresh, hot, and easy - and no more paper filters either.    Just need a good bean grinder (preferably the burr type) though a small spice grinder can work well too, >>> you want a very coarse grind for best results.

Thanks Ferret. some interesting things there. The problem I have is that I am trying to get a new pot for the existing coffee maker that is here. The owners of this house are returning soon and I don't think they want a French press. 

I think I have found a glass pot (decanter) on Amazon.com.mx but can I order it.

1 minute ago, lakeside7 said:

Why not just replace with a complete new machine, they are relatively inexpensive,  

That seems like such a waste to me-that's all. but I may have to.

5 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

Thanks Bisbee Gal that is what I found on Amazon also. It is probably the right one. I think I will wait and see what is at the Wednesday tianguis in Ajijic first before I try ordering one.

On 1/3/2019 at 7:59 AM, ComputerGuy said:

A fellow at Wednesday tianguis has an assortment of parts for blenders and coffee makers... perhaps there.

In what part of the tianguis is he located?

Archived