Chapala.com Webboard

Explosion in upper Ajijic last night?

Xena

Someone asked me if I heard anything about an explosion in upper Ajijic last night near Min Wah’s.  It was very loud and shook walls. There were fire trucks, police cars, and an ambulance in the neighborhood according to what she heard. I heard nothing about this. Was wondering if anyone else had. 

Yes, shortly after 7:00 p.m., and it definitely sounded like an explosion.  We live near Lazaro Cardenas and Revolucion, and it sounded like it was just west of us.  Lots of sirens.  I could smell smoke from my front door, but that could have been from a street bonfire at this time of year, or a wood-burning fireplace.

Thank you. I got further news. The explosion was on the street just below MinWah to the west. It was at the home of the man who makes cohetes and the firework bulls and such that are in the parades. He was transported to a hospital in Guadalajara. Police and fire investigators were at the scene for several hours. A neighbor said the man had burns to his face and arms. 

29 minutes ago, Xena said:

Thank you. I got further news. The explosion was on the street just below MinWah to the west. It was at the home of the man who makes cohetes and the firework bulls and such that are in the parades. He was transported to a hospital in Guadalajara. Police and fire investigators were at the scene for several hours. A neighbor said the man had burns to his face and arms. 

Interesting, and I thought the only "local" manufacturer was in Chapala..I hope he makes a good recovery

Archived