Jump to content
Chapala.com Webboard

Black House Pizza


Recommended Posts

I tried to order from M & J a couple of weeks ago for delivery. He said his delivery driver was sick for two weeks now. I asked he worked with any other delivery services. He hung up on me. So we phoned Traitte, he has over 45 restaurants and services now. Very affordable, polite customer service. I asked what pizza place would he recommend. He said Black House Pizza, which has been open since August. It is a very slick system - you download an app to your G.P.S. enabled smartphone, pick out Black House Pizza (which based on Facebook photos, has attracted a lot of 30 something, adult locals with live sports and good beer). Then you pick the toppings you want on the pizza, whether you want cracker type crust or chewy crust, it all goes into the woodfired oven. All top quality ingredients, good crust. All delivered lickety split to your G.P.S. location. This is the future - now.

http://app.traitte.mx/

Link to post
Share on other sites

M & J delivered to our house late last week, just after they opened the new Ajijic location.  In speaking to them they said they had been in touch with Traitte and expected to sign up with them this coming week.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

I tried to order from M & J a couple of weeks ago for delivery. He said his delivery driver was sick for two weeks now. I asked he worked with any other delivery services. He hung up on me. So we phoned Traitte, he has over 45 restaurants and services now. Very affordable, polite customer service. I asked what pizza place would he recommend. He said Black House Pizza, which has been open since August. It is a very slick system - you download an app to your G.P.S. enabled smartphone, pick out Black House Pizza (which based on Facebook photos, has attracted a lot of 30 something, adult locals with live sports and good beer). Then you pick the toppings you want on the pizza, whether you want cracker type crust or chewy crust, it all goes into the woodfired oven. All top quality ingredients, good crust. All delivered lickety split to your G.P.S. location. This is the future - now.

http://app.traitte.mx/

I may be missing something, but what's the good reason than a person needs to possess an expensive toy in order to order a PIZZA???

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SunshineyDay said:

Dominos is moving in that direction also.

Going with a 3rd party delivery service??   That would be a huge shift in their business model.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he meant using an app to order. I would like that since the noise level in the background there means I have to practically scream my order into the phone so I can be heard.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I always order Dominos via online (not phone app).  If you order online they guarantee 30 minute delivery or free.  If you phone it in, no such guarantee.  Our pizzas have always arrived well under the 30 minute rule...and piping hot!.  And you can watch its progress online....from "en el horno" to the moment it leaves the shop.   My guess is that the online form and status are available to corporate so they can see how local stores are performing and the local stores are aware of that.  

Link to ordering: https://ordena2.dominos.com.mx/location/selectOrderType.php

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, Traitte has removed its service access form the Website, leaving a person with only the phone app. And that phone app apparently shows only businesses that are open at the moment you check (for example, right now, it shows even they are not open). So their promise of ordering up to 5 days in advance holds little water. At least the Website showed you all the businesses and whether or not they were open.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be missing something, but what's the good reason than a person needs to possess an expensive toy in order to order a PIZZA???

One person's expensive toy is a lot of other people’s necessity of life. It is amazing how quickly smartphones have taken over the world — and the world is rapidly adapting to being run by them. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bisbee Gal said:

I always order Dominos via online (not phone app).  If you order online they guarantee 30 minute delivery or free.  If you phone it in, no such guarantee.  Our pizzas have always arrived well under the 30 minute rule...and piping hot!.  And you can watch its progress online....from "en el horno" to the moment it leaves the shop.   My guess is that the online form and status are available to corporate so they can see how local stores are performing and the local stores are aware of that.  

Link to ordering: https://ordena2.dominos.com.mx/location/selectOrderType.php

I just wished that it was better pizza. HAHAHA

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Xena said:

I may be missing something, but what's the good reason than a person needs to possess an expensive toy in order to order a PIZZA???

One person's expensive toy is a lot of other people’s necessity of life. It is amazing how quickly smartphones have taken over the world — and the world is rapidly adapting to being run by them. 

One person's expensive toy is a lot of other people’s necessity of life. It is amazing how quickly smartphones have taken over the world — and the world is rapidly adapting to being run by them. 

If so we are all in BIG TROUBLE now!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

One person's expensive toy is a lot of other people’s necessity of life. It is amazing how quickly smartphones have taken over the world — and the world is rapidly adapting to being run by them. 

If so we are all in BIG TROUBLE now!!!

That's the truth ! There was a time not really that long ago when the only people who NEEDED cell phones (the simple kind, yet) were those in professions that required constant access, such a doctors or real estate agents.

Looks like what I think of as a "toy" is now another person's "necessity". Maybe we should take a gander at what we consider our "necessities" lately. I suspect some of our less affluent Mexican neighbors don't have quite as many "necessities". 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gringal said:

hat's the truth ! There was a time not really that long ago when the only people who NEEDED cell phones (the simple kind, yet) were those in professions that yrequired constant access, such a doctors or real estate agents.

Looks like what I think of as a "toy" is now another person's "necessity". Maybe we should take a gander at what we consider our "necessities" lately. I suspect some of our less affluent Mexican neighbors don't have quite as many "necessities". 😎

There are many who cannot get a land line, in many places in Mexico there are even whole towns without service. I would think having a cell phone would be a necessity. I have never regarded  a telephone as  a toy and wonder why anyone would.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The simple truth is it's not a phone anymore. It's a full-blown personal computing device with still camera, video camera, Internet access, music and video playback, book reader... and a phone included. It is a necessity now, or at least is perceived to be that way, by anyone from Gen X and later. Just like the car became a necessity when the horse-and-buggy days drew to a close. Oh, yeah, people fought against it... but now it's not even a memory. Damn. Remember when the printing press was invented? The stone tablet guys went nuts.

If our pizza was being delivered by horse-and-buggy, well...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Black House pizza ordered online offers a choice of 8 toppings for 160 pesos. Choices include roasted garlic and caramelized onions. You are correct that the base sauce is different. It resembles a cheesy Alfredo sauce. It makes delightful change from the tepid, poor quality sauce usually encountered. Some make their own sauce but it is made from those waxy, flavorless Roma tomatoes so common here.

As far as smartphones Gringal, they an unbeleivable number of entertaining uses. One you might like is to mark, and remember, where you parked your dinosaur! 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Purple Garlic Pizza is the best pizza Lakeside ... of course, that is only my opinion. 😊

True Dat. But expensive, the same pizza toppings they sell for 200 pesos, is 160 pesos at Black House.

I am not even going to try a tomato base until fresh grown heritage tomato season. Reduce and roast them in an slow oven with garlic, olive oil, herbs. Make enough to preserve lots, in the winter you always have a taste of summer sunshine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Black House pizza ordered online offers a choice of 8 toppings for 160 pesos. Choices include roasted garlic and caramelized onions. You are correct that the base sauce is different. It resembles a cheesy Alfredo sauce. It makes delightful change from the tepid, poor quality sauce usually encountered. Some make their own sauce but it is made from those waxy, flavorless Roma tomatoes so common here.

As far as smartphones Gringal, they an unbeleivable number of entertaining uses. One you might like is to mark, and remember, where you parked your dinosaur! 🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩🤩

In case you haven't noticed it,  many members of the consumerist culture have lost the ability to see the difference between their "needs" and their "wants".  

If you can't see the difference between an ordinary communication device such as a dumbphone and the kind of expensive TOY designed to fill the days of a person leading too boring a life otherwise, it's unfortunate. If you think that owning the latest techie toy makes you smarter or better, that's even sadder.  Actually, I think you do know better and you're just pulling my chain.😎

I'll pass on that "pizza". It's a whole other animal.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

We are new to smartphones (just over a year ago); when we needed one, we got one.  When you need one, you will get one.  Maybe you will never need one. No reason to bash those who already need them.  

We realized we needed one after:

  • Went to a Madrid museum which had a limited special exhibition that we did not know about in advance, but wanted to see.  The serpentine line for tickets was a 2 hour wait.  A helpful docent told us we could avoid the line if we bought the ticket online and scanned the ticket from our phone at the museum entrance.  Could we buy the ticket then print it to show at entry?  No, senora, need the scanned version.  
  • Driving back to Ajijic from San Miguel in 2017 (a trip we make annually) we ran into a huge religious procession where the Policia directed everyone off the road just prior to our getting on the cuota outside of Celaya.  For awhile we followed those in front until we ended up in an enormous backup on a dirt road.  Yes we had a Guia map book but the detail was sadly lacking.  Our normal 4 1/2 hour drive turned into a marathon journey as even after we made it to the cuota, we ran into 2 more road closures that forced us off the cuota into other towns (with no Guia map detail).  Google live maps would have made a big difference.  
  • On the tarmac where we pushed away on time, then sat sat sat for an hour awaiting take-off.  Those seated near us were able to re-book their flights on their smartphones while our regular cell phone only let us sit 'on hold' waiting for an airline operator.  

I treat the smartphone the same as I did our cell: I don't take it to dinner, I don't walk around with it (unless expecting a call).  But having it in the car (as opposed to a regular cell), has saved us from making trips back home to find a phone number, an address, etc.  When on trips it is invaluable for finding nearby sites, walking routes, etc.  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not "bashing" anyone who feels they "need" this.  I will point out that none of the situations you named constitute true categories of "need".  They simply created greater convenience for you then, and you are using it now to create other conveniences. I just don't agree with confusing greater convenience with true "need".

The affluent have always been able to live more comfortably and with more conveniences than the poor. Compared to many who live here, we expats are affluent indeed. I can afford to buy one of these devices, but I doubt very much  that it will rise to the level of a "need" in my life.  Maybe a "want" at some point.  Who knows? Definitely not there yet.

However, we are far, far away from the need for a good pizza and a swift and simple way to get one delivered, so I suggest we abandon philosophy and get back on the topic.  Okay?😉

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, gringal said:

However, we are far, far away from the need for a good pizza...

 

A smartphone would get you a faster disappointment in that pizzeria's case.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...