Chapala.com Webboard

New developments planned !

Taaffe

39 minutes ago, Taaffe said:

http://theguadalajarareporter.net/index.php/news/news/lake-chapala/52863-urbanization-plans-multiply-on-lake-chapala-s-shoreline

We will fight tooth snd nail here in Ajijic, I hope Santa Cruz snd San Nicholas will too.

We..We.. Who pray are these phantom people..maybe 1-5 or 10 % of the inhabitants of the Lakeside area!!!

29 minutes ago, Heem said:

Thank you to the 1-5 or 10% of the people that care about the place I love. History shows that 1 person can make a difference.

Two thumbs up to this.  Look around you Lakeside7.  Your town isn't covered with graffiti because a few of your neighbors cared enough to make a difference.  Go take a look at GDL to see what happens when this isn't the case. 

Other neighbors are trying to improve our run down malecon.  Thanks to them too.

Thank you very much Taaffe and don't let the sideline scoffers slow you down.

First we can thank Mainecoons for helping organizing the end to the graffiti.

I remember when Disney World opened over building like crazy. 5 star hotel rooms 25 bucks.

I am mixed emotions, we came here from somewhere to escape something right? This area has lots of draw.  So people from Guadalajara want out of the traffic and pollution. I can't blame them. I am in Guadalajara at least twice a week.The developers see money.

More assisted living, this area has too many already. Lots of luck in that area.

I am also glad I can pick-up and move anytime and the thought is in my mind.

Something like this takes real money. Many times these projects are just a group of investors exploring demographics and planning. I can see where developers could lose lot of money. So I think  you should not get your feathers too ruffled until you see real action then go for it.

There is also a possibility of a recession we are over due.

Happy New year everybody.

Let's don't leave out the many volunteers who work for and with the disadvantaged kids here as well   I know a lot of these folks and they have huge hearts and kindness.  As do the wonderful folks who work for the many homeless, neglected or abused animals in the area.  They too deserve credit for helping to improve our area.

We're not crazy about some of the changes but some have been beneficial and we are not ready to write the place off just yet.

And a Happy New Year and Feliz Año Prospero to all!

2 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I"m not positive but I think it's a picture of the existing neighborhood ... An existing house.  Not one that's proposed.

I was talking about how well (or NOT) it blends into the neighborhood.  HAHAHAHA Let's do what ever we want to.  It must be the best for the community. 

Archived